New CoC Ice Nova user need some serious help!

Hello guys,

I've been trying to play CoC Ice Nova for 3 leagues now and I'm running into same problem every time.

Long story short, I can't kill bosses.
I can't even kill some tier 12 bosses without dying.
I read the guides i found and done as much as I could to follow them to the letter, but i still can't kill map bosses.

My support gems are 16/0, but my Ice Nova is 21/23.
I should be able to kill tier 12 bosses without issues, right?

Please take a look at my setup and help me out!

i have about 40 ex to spend, but i want to spend it on the right things.

https://pastebin.com/azNnRTCq

Last bumped on Jun 14, 2020, 6:04:02 PM
"
ywhuh86 wrote:
I read the guides i found and done as much as I could to follow them to the letter, but i still can't kill map bosses.
Dunno, your setup is kinda weird. Like the wave of conviction totem. I checked 2 guides none of them had it, and they had vortex and frost bomb. Also they had some defensive abilities like fortify or tempest shield incorporated somewhere. You have no curses, bonechill is not a curse. Pretty sure you're meant to have frostbolt + ice nova (yes another one) in your cospri.

Dunno if this is the guide you followed: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2285205 but imo re read it about the playstyle and gem setups. Also if you're using vaal righteous fire be sure you don't kill yourself with it (technically it doesn't kill you but for a moment you'll have lower life and be susceptible to 1 shots until you get hp back).

Also I checked comments on the end of that build discussion and people said it's a bit glass cannon and suggested checking other guides for that skill, maybe something to consider.
I changed out bonechill to another Ice Nova, and added vortex+bonechill+unbound ailment in another socket for boss fight.

I had CWDT+steelskin as defensive option, but dropped it for CWDT+frostbite+immortal call+wave of conviction.

This helped quite a bit, thank you for pointing these out.

I can now kill tier 16 bosses, in about 20~30 seconds and dying every now and then.
I tried to kill a conqueror, but that doesn't seem possible atm.

Is there anything else I can to do be able to kill conquerors?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info