I got a puppy!

Real sweet but the cats are having issues with her. She is afraid of them.

Censored.
Last bumped on May 30, 2020, 2:07:04 PM
She's a cutie. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
They'll all establish a pecking order soon enough. And she is a cutie! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
A little better today. The younger cat, Spenser, is starting to play with her a bit and did sleep near her for awhile. The older one, Marlin, is standoffish but not out and out hostile anymore. Just stays away from her.

Prudence (I forgot to tell her name) is still skittish around them but she is skittish in general. She definitely has some nervous issues.

Almost having to housetrain her from the beginning. I believe the people who raised her just let her stay outside most of day. She seems to now know about walking. She is coming along with the training though.
Censored.
Good on you for adopting. People who neglect pets to the point of long term behavioural problems have no business having a pet in the first place.

Some dogs do benefit from being mostly outdoors, but a beagle mix is not one of them and certainly not at a young age.

She's a sweetie, and I hope she and the floofs learn to get along together.

My brother-in-law has 3 dogs and 2 cats (and a hedgehog, a lizard, and various and sundry other critters) and they all manage to get along. Proper supervision, plenty of exercise and some quiet times/spaces where they can all get away from each other help with issues of territorial behaviour and anxiety.

There's also scent mimics that you can get from the vet to help your pets feel relaxed and reassured. It is a dispenser you plug into the wall and it issues a vapour that only cats can smell, that acts as a pheromone to calm them. Idk if the same exists for dogs, but if she is having a rough time fitting in, talk to a vet about something you can try with her environment; scents, special cues for quiet time away from kids and cats, adjusting to leads and harnesses, meeting other dogs, etc.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Congrats!! Puppies are the best. I live with my brothers, and they have two German Shepherds. One of them is less than a year old. Adorable.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info