If GGG support was like Blizzard

It would be...

NON-EXISTENT!

No really customer support vs a multi billion is night and day good god the amount of frustration I'm dealing with in a blizzard game is ridiculous.

/rolls around
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last bumped on Jun 8, 2020, 5:53:39 PM
multi-billion $ corps like acti-blizzard don't value their customers at all. They are considered easily replaceable sheep and not worth their time wasting customer service resources on. I'd bet over half of their budgets goes into psychology type stuff trying to figure out the best way to squeeze every last cent out of you.
When Wow was still relatively fresh, it wasn't so bad. But I'm pretty sure they no longer live up to the reputation they were built upon. Red shirt guy was a shining example.
Yep, totally over league play.
Blizzard is dead.

Long live Activision.

Bobby Kotick is famous for fucking over employees and customers alike while simultaneously bragging to shareholders about record revenues. He's practically a parody that you would see in a comedy skit.

I haven't followed his shenanigans since quitting D3 many years ago, but it looks like not much has changed, since a quick Google search turned up this 2019 article on the very first page.

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/game-workers-unite-fire-bobby-kotick-1203139767/
Wash your hands, Exile!
Give GGG some time. They'll get there eventually.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I only ever had to contact GGG customer support once but the one time I did, I got an answer within 5 minutes.

I can't really say the same about Blizzard's customer support. It wasn't the worst thing ever but it definitely took longer than 5 minutes.

<3 to GGG
<3
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
When Wow was still relatively fresh, it wasn't so bad. But I'm pretty sure they no longer live up to the reputation they were built upon. Red shirt guy was a shining example.

WoW had amazing customer support. I remember back in Wotlk and Cata having tickets answered by GMs in like an hour.

Even in MoP, it wasnt bad. I remember having a notification my WoW account was hacked, and I called them from work on 3rd shift and they got my account back.

It was kinda funny because the guy talked like a video-game character. I guess they had to act super positive and use their GM name, too.

But yea; at one point in time I would have ranked WoW, and Blizzard, among the best customer service I have ever experienced in a videogame. I dont think its like that anymore, as I watch my tickets take days to answer, but at one point in time it was really good. And, its hard to find companies you can even call nowadays; like you can't call Riot.
Yeah back in the days they were helpful af now they're like fucking robots dude lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
GGG support has my respect (even though they almost perma banned me for a joke). I am not even mad when they suspend me.
"
Yeah back in the days they were helpful af now they're like fucking robots dude lol

That phone call I made to get my account un-hacked was one of the best things ever. I can only imagine those guys go home and just drink an entire 12 pack every night after having to act like that on the phone. I can't remember it word for word, cause I was on break on a 3rd shift job and didn't have much time to focus on it(and quite awhile ago), but it went something like this:

"Greetings hero! This is Azenoth! What is troubling you today!" I told him my stuff was hacked yadda yadda, "Oh no! We cant have that! Azeroth needs you! Let me get your information so I can get you back in the fight!" "Great defender of Azeroth, I have restored your access to the realm! We need you and I hope you have great adventures and battles once again!"

It was something like that; like 15 minutes of that on break. It was like I was talking to a guy LARPING. And he was ultra-positive about it. Just all in it. It cracked me up.

Maybe I got lucky and just got the guy who was having fun at work; but it made me wanna call back just to see. I never did though.
Last edited by Destructodave on Jun 3, 2020, 9:14:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info