Is Terraria good?

If you don't like Minecraft?
Censored.
Last bumped on May 22, 2020, 10:11:31 AM
You probably wouldn't care for vanilla Terraria much if you don't like Minecraft. But modded Terraria...maybe.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
It didn't work for me. It seems I'm a sucker for popular genres done weirdly: hate MOBAs, love Smite; don't like resource loopers, love No Man's Sky; over ARPGS, yet I play Wolcen every day (as you've likely noticed).
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
I like Terraria precisely because it is not like Minecraft. It's an actual game, not a building simulator.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I like Terraria precisely because it is not like Minecraft. It's an actual game, not a building simulator.

This.

If you like Minecraft you probably wouldn't care for Terraria. They have near nothing in common. In Minecraft you mine and build to mine some more, in Terraria you mine to get gear to slay things and get better gear and battle bosses.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
They're two completely different games, even more so since the "Journey's End" update. Terraria puts a MUCH greater focus on combat, especially the boss fights. Add to that a bunch of fairly meaningful NPCs and a plethora of events and alternative activities (fishing is very much a thing in Terraria. It's legit one of the strongest mechanics in the game, especially early on. Also, you can golf now).

Saying that it's just a "2D minecraft" just doesn't do it justice. Saying that also has the tendency to infuriate some of the more hardcore fans of the game.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Terraria feels different. You set your own goals but still have an overarching progression with very interesting and varied items and challenging boss fights and events. Your increase in power is very well done and feels rewarding.

I liked Minecraft a few years ago but cant get into it again. Feels too "sandbox" for me or how you want to call it. I also tend to get motion sickness in that game.
People infuriated by item and gear management probably prefer Minecraft for its relative simplicity in that area.

But I see most ARPG fans preferring Terraria for its itemization aspects alone; they are far deeper than Minecraft's.

Me personally? My friend bought me a key so I'd play MC with him. I've probably spent a total of about 3-5 hours in that game.

I've spent 521 hours in Terraria, according to Steam. Playing with that same diehard Minecraft friend at first. Who gave up on the game about 20 hours in because it has "too many items to deal with."

See what I mean? It's very much a taste thing.
Wash your hands, Exile!
My son plays both, I like Minecraft better personally.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Terraria is closer to 2D Skyrim, not 2D Minecraft.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info