Cyclone build help

Hey all, I am a newer player playing cyclone right now and am having a hard time progressing through watch-stone conquerors. I am awakener lvl 4 I was getting one shot in high tier maps so I picked up kaom's heart dropped my abyssus for starkonja's and am surviving better now. I had to lose my vaal ancestral warchief for this.

Maps seem easier but when I get to the conquerors I cant seem to kill them, I dodge their mechanics and slowly DPS them until I eventually get one shot and run out of portals.

Ascendency is slayer / raider

I have about 5 exalts in the bank right now and wondering what my next steps should be or if there are any changes I should be making to help me progress better.

thanks,

pob code = https://pastebin.com/zY8W9RUL

Last bumped on May 11, 2020, 3:15:00 AM
You should probably use impale over conc effect. Checking poe ninja builds with starforge cyclone 81% use impale and only 5% use conc effect.

Then you should check you have 100% chance to impale on hit from all sources combined (passives, banner, support gem). POB is not very good at counting impale unless you have "fork" version, but it's the most important part of dps on pure physical builds.

Look into helpful cluster jewels, one important node is "deep cuts" as it buffs impale. Also a channelling focused medium jewel seems to be a go to with several options, precise focus for damage and enduring focus / hex breaker as defensive node.

Your rings should preferably be steel ring base. Mark of the elder + any rare shaper ring is also an option. Also gives you life.

Would probably not bother with daresso amulet and just use a rare so you'd have more life, also items like your belt have too little life (only 20). Also use an anointment. Fatal blade is common choice afaik.

Would probably also swap that sulfur flask for diamond, you don't get free crit unlike Slayer class.

You might want to fit some low level precision somewhere to get your hit chance to 100%. Pretty sure if you fix life on your items like gloves / belt / ring / neck, you don't need to wear Kaoms to get decent hp, you could just use rare chest with 140 life and 8% life crafted or something, if cyclone is in your sword you don't even need 6 link chest so should be cheaper if you don't need anything fancy (like explode mod heh).

Losing the sockets in chest is too much to sacrifice imo, especially since the fire damage from Kaoms doesn't benefit you.

Oh, also ensure you have source of leech life! Atm I only see you have leech mana on gloves, but no life leech (unless you have it somewhere I don't see). Small cluster with Feast of Flesh for example.

Get intelligence on your items don't waste your ascendancy points on this.

I'd also look into getting jewels like watcher's eye with pride mods, lethal pride or transcendent flesh - check which ones people are using and where they're slotting them, as it matters for the other 2 than watcher's eye. This might be expensive though, so I'd save that for last.

P.S. I'd also consider swapping one of your sub-classes from Slayer / Raider into Berserker, then you can use Berserk skill as an extra damage boost if you have rage mechanic.
Last edited by Viktranka on May 11, 2020, 12:40:29 AM
Thank you very much for the reply,

I have some tweaking to do ! =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info