Add option to detune graphics on Playstation for better performance

To be frank, regular PS4 (not sure about the newer Pro one) can't handle the graphic overlay of certain encounters. Breaches, Delirium, delving, maps with packs > 30-40 mobs....the frame rate drops to like 2-3 FPS and if you're lucky enough to survive it's only because your movement skill landed you in a safe zone and you can wittle down the mob count back to respectable FPS.

I would gladly take reduced graphics/rendering for improved performance. I haven't searched the forum so if this has already been suggested, I apologize but I think it's necessary.
Last bumped on May 28, 2020, 10:23:44 AM
I can confirm that on PS4 Pro the performance tanks in large encounters and frequently crashes as well and I'm only able to play the game at 1080p. A 720p mode that handles these encounters or a dynamic resolution mode would be very welcome.
Last edited by Jake-Bomb on May 1, 2020, 2:41:36 PM
"
lil_Rones wrote:
To be frank, regular PS4 (not sure about the newer Pro one) can't handle the graphic overlay of certain encounters. Breaches, Delirium, delving, maps with packs > 30-40 mobs....the frame rate drops to like 2-3 FPS and if you're lucky enough to survive it's only because your movement skill landed you in a safe zone and you can wittle down the mob count back to respectable FPS.

I would gladly take reduced graphics/rendering for improved performance. I haven't searched the forum so if this has already been suggested, I apologize but I think it's necessary.

Seconded. I was an old school PC player(pre Zana) and now I play on console because I'm a filthy casual. The ps4 version of this game needs to have something done to improve the performance. Can't even do the league content.

Have done 2 Sirus fights at about 5 fps. I feel sorry for melee chars this league...ffs
1/3 of the fully juiced maps T16 maps I run I get the disconnect and rollback bug that deletes the portals and ALL drops.

I love this game but it is like an abusive marriage. I keep telling myself one day GGG will hear the cries of the console community, both PS4 and XBox, and do something to change how they treat us. But I can see these same issues fall on deaf ears all over the console forums going back years. Doesn't give you a lot of faith. I'd play this game in 8 bit if it meant stability....

I think I'm done until PS5 because from Legion onwards this has been a joke.
I would also enjoy this feature very much. Some kind of graphics scaling; example: Low-Med-High.

Turning off shadows, removing fog/foliage.

Anything possible to help performance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info