Best site for windows technical issues?

I have this laptop issue of freezing and no solution I have looked up has worked I need a site that I can post my own issue rather than generic.
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2020, 10:58:26 AM
"
Kavlor wrote:
I have this laptop issue of freezing and no solution I have looked up has worked I need a site that I can post my own issue rather than generic.

Not sure if it's much help but you could try checking out the Microsoft website - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4338813/windows-help?os=windows-10 - there is an option to contact their support team directly near the bottom of the page.

Good luck!
You will only get autoresponses from MS.

Constant freezes mean either you have a Driver messing up(eg common on Firewalls Antivirus programs), some malware is running in your background or your hardware is dying.

So first you need to check for suspicious processes and connections. Also look for the paths malware likes to pretend to be a legitimate executable.

Then get rid of every external Kernel Driver module and look if the problem persists. Usually you get the "Reinstall Windows" as hint.

If the problem is not connected to software it's your hardware.

If you play Path of Exile with your laptop then it's very likely it caused damage to your hardware since Path of Exile never optmized code in a way to be more friendly to GPU and CPU. Player elitism was mostly "Don't play with a toaster", "Get a better PC" and the devs refused an option to fully disable effects causing problems while promising to fix it another way(spoiler they never did).

It's like driving a car without oil. It works some time and then you get problems and it finally breaks down.

My Laptop GPU got killed by PoE and the damage was too big that even heat repair wasn't couldn't fix it.

In short: Don't play Path of Exile on a laptop. Laptop hardware cannot easily be replaced and even you will find a matching MXM GPU the BIOS might not recognize the GPU

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info