Acts of Kindness

So with so much of the news concentrating on the negative with some outlets reporting some positive news stories, if you have come across an act of kindness whether intentional or not what are yours during these incalculable times?

I had a debt to pay over the phone and the gentleman who took my call sounded ill, turned out he suffers from lung issues and works from home. His job is enough to get by, lives a modest life style and at 62 years of age asked me if I heard any good news or advice.

I figured laughter would be good medicine so I replied, "oh boy you shouldn’t ask me..." He replied, "why not?"

"my home is a military out post..."

You can hear his voice starting to laugh... "what do you mean?"

"Are you sure you want to hear this?"

With a bit of hesitation..."all ears."

I said firmly. "Okay... Well I have everyone wearing doggy shock collars, setting set to high... cause you know reports say talking can spread... The slightest sound, bang... shocked."

He started to laugh so hard, "you’re lying..."

Sarcastically I said, "can you hear that in the background?!’

He says "no," laughing...

Sarcastically, whispering, "it’s cause it’s working..."

After a few more jokes he thanked me for the laugh, I paid my bill and he said, "I needed that."

-sol

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2020, 12:29:35 PM
*sound of crickets chirping*
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 24, 2020, 2:31:19 AM
* a dog barks *

*tumbleweeds*
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
*killjoys chiming*
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
AST
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info