Echoing Statement: Please add Xbox/PS4 to www.pathofexile.com/trade

XBOX AND PS4 NEED TO BE ADDED TO THE TRADE SITE

I have been a player on both PC and PS4 for Path of Exile for over a year now. This has become one of my favorite ARPG of all time, but when it comes to trade PC versus console has not been given the same love when it comes to the tools needed.

A big issue with trade on console is not being a part of the Path of Exile trade website. Not having easy access to compare the stats on items has been causes two major issues: Quality Checking Item/Prices and Loss Time while searching for Items.

Quality Control for Players

Prices are set by the community, therefore the communities need to be mindful of their fellow players, but for there to be no system in place to search quickly search if someone has better stat rolls (i.e. 6 linked chest vs 1 socket chest) leads to price gouging. We are seemingly at a lower player base on console and when you compare items such as a Starforge and you see a 400% to 1000% price (compared to PC) increase because there is no search engine to keep things remotely comparable. Having this search engine could help with knowing the quality of your items and knowing what is true worth your currency and time, while also keeping people to be held at competitive prices (community complying).

Lost Time in Trade

Trading is a big part of Path of Exile. The current model of trade on console leaves much to be desired. Hours are wasted looking through 30 tabs of items and even with looking for certain stat in the search bar overlaps with implicit or bases. This causes a slow crawl for looking for items. Combing through 144 items a page when you are looking for certain stats, item level, or even just best prices wastes players time when there is already a tool that has been developed for it counterpart.

I suggest that at least for PS4 and Xbox to be added to the website in their own category and user for console will need to login to verify that are actually players to trade with their communities. Even if the menu is not updated in game, this would allow player to search for items on the website and help overall search for trade.

Once again the communities set the prices. So fellow player please be mindful that asking for someone's entire currency tab for a Tabula Rasa is not the right way of handling the community. We need to make it possible for new players and builds to flourish.

*P.S. Please enable Tab Pricing on Console so players can passively price items*

*Edit: 486 hrs on PC, 500+ on PS4*
Last edited by cooler_101 on Apr 19, 2020, 10:35:35 PM
Last bumped on May 2, 2020, 4:14:57 AM
also crossplay between xbox and ps4 would help the market and playerbase out a lot. But not with PC, we don't want that.
"
Anton__Chigur wrote:
also crossplay between xbox and ps4 would help the market and playerbase out a lot. But not with PC, we don't want that.

Why not have cross trade with pc? There is no downside to more items for sale if they add us to the trade site. Sure some of your drops will be less valuable in a bigger market but the things you need will be cheaper too.
Cross play would not work with the current servers and versions of the game. You can't even use a controller on PC even if you wanted to.

Cross trade isn't a bad idea, but you have to keep in mind that our trade options are much different between console and PC. Yes, there would be more items on the market, but that would put PC at a very high advantage for performance, number of maps run, etc.

Also, if they add cross trade without updating the in game menu, if you think it's hard to search for items now then add Xbox/PS4 and PC, it would be a nightmare. Also, it could possibly cause the community prices to possibly crash for a while.

Adding consoles to there respective sections would stabilize and fine tune trading for everyone as it already does PC. Smashing the markets together would destroy multiple economies all together. We need tools. Not a more chaotic market. I'm sure being a part of the trade site is something we can all get behind.
"
cooler_101 wrote:
Cross play would not work with the current servers and versions of the game. You can't even use a controller on PC even if you wanted to.

Cross trade isn't a bad idea, but you have to keep in mind that our trade options are much different between console and PC. Yes, there would be more items on the market, but that would put PC at a very high advantage for performance, number of maps run, etc.

Also, if they add cross trade without updating the in game menu, if you think it's hard to search for items now then add Xbox/PS4 and PC, it would be a nightmare. Also, it could possibly cause the community prices to possibly crash for a while.

Adding consoles to there respective sections would stabilize and fine tune trading for everyone as it already does PC. Smashing the markets together would destroy multiple economies all together. We need tools. Not a more chaotic market. I'm sure being a part of the trade site is something we can all get behind.

A few things. There aren't enough console players to really even put a blip on what is available on PC. For example, I'm currently looking for The Surrender shield, there were two on the market on console, the cheapest being 15 ex. There are almost 200 on poetrade at 2-3 ex. And don't even get me started on helm enchants.The market would sort itself out, you get a fresh start every league, so there would be no crashing of anything.

As far as trade options. I don't see the big deal. I've never played PC, but from what I understand the major difference is our ability on console to buyout and get our item straight from the trade market. You still have to message people, invite them etc etc to do larger trades, which is how PC works.

I certainly agree with the tools aspect and as far as the technical issues go, I'm clueless, but as far as gameplay it would be basically meaningless to PC players and would be a huge boon to people on console.
What I am suggesting is on a technical aspects. We need to focus on the tools first. We should have the same access as they do to searching for an item and being able to compare worth.

I agree that a fresh market would be a good start at the beginning of a new league, but you are confusing a community issue with a technical one.

The item that you discussed is 15ex because that player marked it that way. Not because it's worth that much or GGG price it that way. That's why the community and players need to price in regards to what is actual feasible. As for the smaller population as an excuse doesn't make sense. Yes, there fewer, but that also theirs less money on the market floating around. With is why the price from the console community is hurting the new players and the player base. Ultimately, us player are the reason why prices are so high in the first place. We need new players to help each other and marking every high (with no quality control) is setting a bad trend for the game. That's why we need the tools.
I disagree with any sentiment that suggests combining the markets would be a bad idea.

Combining the markets would add some much needed stability to the PS4 trade market. It would make the game feel a lot more alive. Since we're such a small population the market often feels like a couple hundred people at best.

Supply and demand is a huge part of any economy and unfortunately the PS4 doesn't have demand. It doesn't have competition. It doesn't have customers. It rarely has supply. Chaos trades simply don't happen. It's a shame, and it puts off a lot of people from continuing into the endgame content since there's no middle ground way to get chaos efficiently and explore the best the game has to offer.

I do agree that we need a better search like PC has. The amount of crashes you'll experience leveling 1-80 is untenable for any game, and when you partner that with a slow trading system, it becomes inaccessible for what could have been a larger player base.
"

I disagree with any sentiment that suggests combining the markets would be a bad idea.

Combining the markets would add some much needed stability to the PS4 trade market. It would make the game feel a lot more alive. Since we're such a small population the market often feels like a couple hundred people at best.

Supply and demand is a huge part of any economy and unfortunately the PS4 doesn't have demand. It doesn't have competition. It doesn't have customers. It rarely has supply. Chaos trades simply don't happen. It's a shame, and it puts off a lot of people from continuing into the endgame content since there's no middle ground way to get chaos efficiently and explore the best the game has to offer.

I do agree that we need a better search like PC has. The amount of crashes you'll experience leveling 1-80 is untenable for any game, and when you partner that with a slow trading system, it becomes inaccessible for what could have been a larger player base.

The point of the this tread is support of website. Not whether we should combine markets.

Edit: Who cares if the markets are combined if you are now having to spend even more time searching for items with the same interface? If you go from 2,000 items to 20,000. It's going to take you even longer to find what you want. Focus on supporting the search. Then we can worry about the economy. These are 2 different issues.
Last edited by cooler_101 on May 2, 2020, 4:27:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info