Account transfer

What I would like to do is transfer my account to the PC version of path. I have been thinking about buying more stash tabs and some MTX recently but can't justify doing it on the console version of the game. I would love to start playing on pc but I have to start all over none of my stash tabs or mtx carry over and I won't buy them twice but the way it sits now I think I'm just going to go back to diablo and wait for path 2.0.
The console version of this game is severely limited. A lot of the good builds can't be played on console due to limited trade market, the necessity of maintaining flask uptime for several flasks(which is damn near impossible with the way they have them spaced across the controller), or the controls just not lending themselves to non-kbm playstyles. Combine all of this with not being able to set the lockstep feature and being constantly rubber banded into stuff you believed you dodged only to die and lose huge chunks of XP, its no wonder a majority of console players never finish the game.
I would even pay for an account transfer similar to how WOW does server transfers or ESO offered the ability to move from pc to console. Even if I wasn't able to keep my characters or items I would be happy with just my mtx/stash-tabs.
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2020, 12:25:48 PM
Hi there,

​I'm afraid it is not possible to play or transfer your PS4 Path of Exile account to PC or vice versa as they are both separate versions of the game.
​I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause!

Please feel free to contact support@grindinggear.com if you have any additional questions.
Yes I'm aware that it is currently not an option, but it very easily could be made possible to at least transfer my mtx and stash tabs even if I lost all my items and characters. That's why I posted it as a suggestion.
I second this motion. Console was my first step in to POE and feel like it was an extremely naive decision to make my stash tab purchases on this platform. As such, I feel like I'm now forever bound to a second rate version of the game.
I mean I understand the lack of console commands, I can even stomach the lack of social options. What I can't get behind is the performance. It's impossible to play the game on the same level as PC. Want to run a juiced 8 mod corrupted map with Zana mods, sextants, and scarabs? Too bad console can't handle it. In fact if you do try, you're guaranteed to have a terrible experience full of desyncs, frame rate drops, and most likely a disconnect.
We are severely limited in terms of gameplay, because of performance issues. It's really awful that we're essentially being told to suck it up, double pay, or not play the game at all. I love this game, but man it makes me salty that I wasted my money on the console when I could have played on PC. Especially since stash tabs are effectively a pay gate for the trade system. Other games and services do it, really makes it look like it's greed that's holding GGG back.
"

​I'm afraid it is not possible to play or transfer your PS4 Path of Exile account to PC or vice versa as they are both separate versions of the game.

Sry, but this is BS and you know that!

The content of the game is absolut identical. Same DB, same IDs, same Bugs and Imbalancings, same Shopitems. In the end there is a single week delay between the patches of both platforms. The differences are the controlls, social interaction opportunities and the settings, that on consoles are dumped down... You were not the first who implement crossprogressing.

The truth is: If you open a transfer to one player, you must open it to all. Everyone, who is able to, would instantly switch to pc and PoE is dying on consoles -> payed licences, but no more money!
"
Hi there,

​I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause!

Please feel free to contact support@grindinggear.com if you have any additional questions.

One can only hope you guys revisit this antiquated thinking in this day in age. Many other companies used to tow this line before switching course and embracing cross platform play / cross progression. It is a joke that many promises and general improvements regarding fps and overall performance on the console versions have yet to come to fruition and every league it seems the player base dwindles because of it.

Tried to recommend a friend to play this game this league he lasted maybe a day and a half on console before switching to download on his pc and he will never return because it is night and day to him and I can't blame him.

Asking players to double dip to have close to a same mtx and bank setup is ridiculous.

"
Groshok wrote:
"

The content of the game is absolut identical. Same DB, same IDs, same Bugs and Imbalancings, same Shopitems. In the end there is a single week delay between the patches of both platforms. The differences are the controlls, social interaction opportunities and the settings, that on consoles are dumped down... You were not the first who implement crossprogressing.

The truth is: If you open a transfer to one player, you must open it to all. Everyone, who is able to, would instantly switch to pc and PoE is dying on consoles -> payed licences, but no more money!

No the problem is that your account and all mtx transactions are explicitly bound to your psn/XBL account, to be able to transfer accounts to another platform GGG would need permission from Sony or Microsoft
"
"
Groshok wrote:
"

No the problem is that your account and all mtx transactions are explicitly bound to your psn/XBL account, to be able to transfer accounts to another platform GGG would need permission from Sony or Microsoft

Which multiple gaming companies have gotten from both Sony and Microsoft in the current climate.
"
"
Groshok wrote:
"

Those mtx purchases are not bound to your psn or Xbox account. the only transaction that the console sees is the points purchase after that its all on the GGG servers not on your psn/Xbox account.
As a supporter on PS4 this is a great idea. I don’t need full crossplay, just marry my transactions with a GGG account

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info