New Zealand Shows the Rest of the World how to Best Deal with Covid-19

'Delivers the stats like no other': New Zealand's Covid-19 crush on health chief

Have Australia and New Zealand stopped Covid-19 in its tracks?

New Zealand handling of Covid19 has been top notch. I think they must be taking pointers from the team that is handling the PoE development? Great job folks!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Apr 10, 2020, 5:28:58 AM
Last bumped on Apr 10, 2020, 5:33:02 AM
No politics allowed. Any post that mentions countries and their handling of the virus is illegal here. Unless the mods are partisan (since the post praises their nation), in which case carry on I guess..

In other news, they seem to be making the most of it - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/09/sex-toy-sales-triple-during-new-zealands-coronavirus-lockdown
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 10, 2020, 2:14:51 AM
That's not political though. Governments don't have anything to do with how communities handle it. They just say "Hey, do this.", then hope that people listen.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Whatever? So does Taiwan, so does Iceland. And what is the common thing between these 3? I'll let you find out.
Yeah, I really don't think this one is political. It's geographical and social. I was talking to my best friend about it today: Australia's population is *crazy* spread out. We don't live wall-to-wall as you will see in places like Italy and almost certainly parts of New York. Our cities are distanced by long stretches of easily-policed roads.

As for NZ, it's lovely to hear Jacinda preside but that was true even before Covid-19. Her handling of other crises has been just as laudable.

'Be an island nation with a relatively low population density and decent infrastructure' is not, imo, 'showing the rest of the world how to best deal with Covid-19'. This is down to luck as much as anything else.

OTOH NZ is teetering on the Pacific Rim so it's probably just a matter of time until the kaiju invasion gets them. I sometimes wonder what their Jaeger would be called. All-Black Thunder?
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
I sometimes wonder what their Jaeger would be called. All-Black Thunder?
Ryodo Baggins
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
That's not political though. Governments don't have anything to do with how communities handle it. They just say "Hey, do this.", then hope that people listen.

My community, in NZ, hasn't been handling it that well. While the news was showing empty street scenes from the major cities, there were 10 cars a minute going past my house in our small town. The last two days of work I had were busier than before the lockdown, and only 10% of the customers were buying anything that could be considered essential. Mostly just junk food.
"
Yeah, I really don't think this one is political. It's geographical and social.

Lol. A news post describing govt. policy towards handling the disease, names the govt. officials responsible, and even compares the response between countries, is purely "geographical and social". Try posting about how the Trump administration is handling this disease and see if that flies. This post is about as political as it gets. By your definition, more than half the political posts that the mods have targeted were actually not really political at all.

They're leaving this one up cos apparently they are indeed biased. And you're okay with it only because your particular bias has never about politics, but positivity. You don't really care whether a post is political or not, so long as it makes you feel all warm and fluffy inside. Hell, that might very well be the mods' own criteria here - certainly fits their pattern of censorship a lot better than their claims that they're only against politics and religion.
Hi everyone. As Sarah has mentioned in the pinned COVID-19 thread:

"

You may NOT discuss your government/other governments and their handling of the virus or the current political climate, you may NOT discuss national or global economic ramifications of the virus as they do have a direct link to politics.

As such, this thread has been closed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info