Good First person shooter?

Its been shocking how bad the FPS games are recently. Small world, bad graphics, unintuitive designs, etc.

I went back to Crysis from 2007 recently and was amazed at how much better it was than games 12 years later.

Any recommendations for semi-open world games in the FPS genre that are worth it?
Last edited by trixxar on Apr 5, 2020, 12:11:12 AM
Last bumped on Apr 5, 2020, 4:15:42 AM
Fortnite battle royale. Awesome world to explore, great customization, massive amounts of different play styles that are all equally good. It's even got massive amounts of game modes because of creative.

If you're looking for a single player one, still Fortnite, lol. Save the World is awesome. It's a base defense shooter RPG. It takes a bit to get into, once you do though it's awesome.

It's literally the only shooter I've played in years that wasn't generic trash, other than Black Ops 3.

Edit: Shit, didn't even think about you saying first person. I dunno then, the new Doom? I know absolutely nothing about it, I'm assuming that's probably good though.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last edited by LV9999Majin on Apr 5, 2020, 12:24:06 AM
New Doom.
Although not open world: F.E.A.R.

Look up my trade thread on perm hc trade subforum for more info.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:

I tried playing it long ago it was super taxing on my pc
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Thanks guys!
"
solwitch wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:

I tried playing it long ago it was super taxing on my pc

This game is very optimized. It will run smooth on any new hardware. Recommended to purchase on GOG as you will get F.E.A.R. 1 and it's expansions Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate. Perseus Mandate is total crap though but Extraction Point is quite nice (I consider it an expansion as if made by some fan of the game). But the main meat is obviously the first installment.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
I'm really confused how F.E.A.R's performance is even a discussion. I played it on an old like 2003 laptop not at all intended for gaming over a decade ago. I had almost all the settings max and it ran flawlessly.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info