My thoughts on this league on Console (PS4)

Honestly performance and stability has been better than I suspected it would be, so I have to give GGG some props for that. To be clear I'm still getting regular crashes and freezes, but it is not any worse than it was previously, and specifically speaking the new league mechanic has not crushed performance as I suspected it would.

as for the mechanic itself, I find it quite fun, but also quite tiring due to its high speed nature. My build is not particularly fast or good with clear speed (as I wanted to try something different this season) and I do think there is, and always has been an inherent advantage to high speed aoe style builds over slower tankier ones, but I guess that is a decision the player makes and I'm still enjoying running a different type of build.

While this league appears to have had a lot of criticism leveled at it (and I think visibility of mechanics is a legit criticism) I think there is some reason to feel positive about the launch on console. I still feel performance and stability needs improvement from its current state, but suspect this will only likely happen with the next gen consoles, and will watch how that plays out with great interest.

Last bumped on Mar 25, 2020, 11:41:19 AM
"
bendybruce wrote:
Honestly performance and stability has been better than I suspected it would be, so I have to give GGG some props for that. To be clear I'm still getting regular crashes and freezes, but it is not any worse than it was previously, and specifically speaking the new league mechanic has not crushed performance as I suspected it would.

as for the mechanic itself, I find it quite fun, but also quite tiring due to its high speed nature. My build is not particularly fast or good with clear speed (as I wanted to try something different this season) and I do think there is, and always has been an inherent advantage to high speed aoe style builds over slower tankier ones, but I guess that is a decision the player makes and I'm still enjoying running a different type of build.

While this league appears to have had a lot of criticism leveled at it (and I think visibility of mechanics is a legit criticism) I think there is some reason to feel positive about the launch on console. I still feel performance and stability needs improvement from its current state, but suspect this will only likely happen with the next gen consoles, and will watch how that plays out with great interest.

Disagreed. They fixed 1 thing. Broke 3 other things.

Since this league loading times significantly longer (even if you have a SSD) as for fps lag and crashes didn't notice any improvement.
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info