Pick me out a new computer

My 7 year old computer is having a tough time with POE nowadays. Game is crashing to desktop, textures take forever to load in. Mapping is a lag fest.

I haven't bought a computer in ages, know next to nothing anymore... so I'm coming to the POE community to point me in the right direction.

Generally speaking, I've always preferred Nvidia. 500gb SSD is probably sufficient. Price max $1,000.

In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2020, 10:58:17 PM
You can build a beast for 1000.

Desktop?
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Last edited by The_Impeacher on Mar 20, 2020, 11:44:41 AM
Yeah, desktop. Just replacing the box really, monitors and peripherals all good. Prebuilt
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on Mar 20, 2020, 12:35:04 PM
If you have a local, reputable, privately owned & operated computer shop, I'd try my luck there. For gaming it's mostly about the graphics card. ATM for Nvidia the best bang for buck performance is probably the GTX 1660 Super.

Other considerations will be 16GB 3200Ram min and a ssd/m.2 boot drive.

Call them up and see what they can build you for $1000 based on that.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
If you have a local, reputable, privately owned & operated computer shop, I'd try my luck there. For gaming it's mostly about the graphics card. ATM for Nvidia the best bang for buck performance is probably the GTX 1660 Super.

Other considerations will be 16GB 3200Ram min and a ssd/m.2 boot drive.

Call them up and see what they can build you for $1000 based on that.

Thanks for this idea.... given the current climate, helping a small business is probably the best way to go rather than using newegg or frys or some such place.
Absolutely! And you'll get more for your money :)
Last edited by The_Impeacher on Mar 20, 2020, 6:46:52 PM
Get one of these.

@ Trapperkeeper here's a new related video by Bitwit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P19r1LSNsiU
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
@ Trapperkeeper here's a new related video by Bitwit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P19r1LSNsiU

Damn.. Yeah... that's quite the argument he makes.

Might just do that.
I agree that GTX 1660 Super would be the right solution for this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info