Need help with 3.10 Scorching Ray starter build.

Hi,

So I am a returning player, last league I played was delve and I am terrified at how much I've forgotten.

I am looking to do a Trickster Scorching Ray starter this league simply because I've never played it and I always liked how it looks.

Could any kind soul help me in the right direction on how to build him with SSF/SC in mind? I was thinking of spot farming The Harbour Bridge for Balefire div cards potentially?

I don't even know if this is an okay skill to build for as a starter and 3.10 league mechanics (feels like you will be chasing the "delirium edge" quite a bit and thus standing still to use SR may not be optimal?) but if it would not be too much of a hassle for you guys I would greatly accept any suggestions or PoB links you may want to share.

Thanks!
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2020, 4:16:08 AM
Eh, my personal opinion is scorching ray is only good for hall of the grandmasters, for all-purpose builds it's just too slow, same reason why righteous fire builds got nearly extinct.

If you want some fire themed trickster I'd look into ignite burning arrow / explosive arrow / fireball type of builds and scaling ignite damage benefitting from trickster damage over time passive.

Even though there's this issue that GGG stated the extra mobs form delirium might not proliferate ignites, so something like essence drain / contagion is probably a safer bet.

Wait for patch notes tomorrow, another option (if not nerfed) for a fire build would be cremation chieftain, was semi-popular last season on SSF HC but it might get nerfed in the patch notes as a ricochet of hitting Necromancer stuff (cremation is a corpse related spell, might be annoying to run since you need desecrate to start some corpses).

So yeah... the game moved a lot towards "clear speed meta" in the last year, I'd advise against scorching ray main build.

Oh, also if you like the look of "lazor" skills you can look into divine ire builds, I think they didn't exist back in delve and were added somewhere in betrayal or synthesis.
"
Eh, my personal opinion is scorching ray is only good for hall of the grandmasters, for all-purpose builds it's just too slow, same reason why righteous fire builds got nearly extinct.

Oh, was not aware but makes sense now that I've had issues finding a trickster SR build for anything later than 3.6.

"
If you want some fire themed trickster I'd look into ignite burning arrow / explosive arrow / fireball type of builds and scaling ignite damage benefitting from trickster damage over time passive.

I am not a huge fan of firebuilds or anything, was just this skill I was keen on trying.

"
Even though there's this issue that GGG stated the extra mobs form delirium might not proliferate ignites, so something like essence drain / contagion is probably a safer bet.

I was planning on ED/C build but played it a lot in the past, but might be the safest bet then.

"
Wait for patch notes tomorrow, another option (if not nerfed) for a fire build would be cremation chieftain, was semi-popular last season on SSF HC but it might get nerfed in the patch notes as a ricochet of hitting Necromancer stuff (cremation is a corpse related spell, might be annoying to run since you need desecrate to start some corpses).

Also, did they not say that Delirium mobs would not leave corpses? I may be totally wrong since that would mess up some skills beyond use for the whole league.

"
So yeah... the game moved a lot towards "clear speed meta" in the last year, I'd advise against scorching ray main build.

Oh, also if you like the look of "lazor" skills you can look into divine ire builds, I think they didn't exist back in delve and were added somewhere in betrayal or synthesis.

With Scorching ray out of the picture I am leaning towards Vortex/Cold snap, ED/Cont. or a Gladdy bow puncture build. Have you had any experience with these as starters other than ed/cont. ?

Thanks a lot for the feedback, very helpful. At least I wont be going in with something sub par and feel like re-speccing after day one.
If you had an interest in Scorching Ray, Divine Ire might interest you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info