Console will never be good revenue stream unless...

It seems clear that the game is tuned (incoming nerfs etc) based on the PC version, and we on console just get what they did.
OK, fair enough, but consoles don't have the player base of PC and hence market prices are excessively inflated.
A build on PC that costs 1-2ex to buy most of, costs 50-60ex on console (assuming you can even find most of the pieces).

Console needs a chat system (for at least trade) AND the market databases need to be unified. This will balance out the market prices, make nerfs made on PC less crippling on consoles, reduce the value 'bad actors' gain from RMT on consoles and allow console player bases to grow due to less frustration.

I am sure there are limited resources for console development of this nature, and that there are several 'diplomatic' issues in the way due to conosles tending to have a pseudo closed ecosystems. But, if you want console players to take you seriously then you have to take them seriously as well and get this done.
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2020, 9:54:01 AM
"
Timbo Zero wrote:
It seems clear that the game is tuned (incoming nerfs etc) based on the PC version, and we on console just get what they did.
OK, fair enough, but consoles don't have the player base of PC and hence market prices are excessively inflated.
A build on PC that costs 1-2ex to buy most of, costs 50-60ex on console (assuming you can even find most of the pieces).

Console needs a chat system (for at least trade) AND the market databases need to be unified. This will balance out the market prices, make nerfs made on PC less crippling on consoles, reduce the value 'bad actors' gain from RMT on consoles and allow console player bases to grow due to less frustration.

I am sure there are limited resources for console development of this nature, and that there are several 'diplomatic' issues in the way due to conosles tending to have a pseudo closed ecosystems. But, if you want console players to take you seriously then you have to take them seriously as well and get this done.

There's nothing wrong with the economy. It's supply and demand (with the ocasional idiot selling overpriced)

Everyone conplaining about economy on console forget thats its very easy to make currency on console.

This league I made 16ex from selling 21/20 skill gems that I levelled up on my switch and corrupted once they reached 20/20

In total I think I made around 60-80ex this league.

If I was lowballing / pricefixing / flipping currency I guess I could earn even more. But that's boring.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Auradinho on Mar 9, 2020, 3:07:46 PM
I hear you mate, my fourth build this league was about 100ex+ worth. This league has been exceptional for making currency and map sustain.

My issue is that nearly every guide for a build here on the forums is PC based, you can’t buy a Memory Vault helmet on console (as an example) for anywhere near what they cost on PC and that cripples the build for us on console.

Unify the trade databases and all those builds become viable as starters for us as well, not something you could play late league after making loads of currency.
At least it's a lot easier to make currency on console. You don't have to go to hideouts and search your stash for every little transaction. I can make 100 exalts+ easy by just playing selling what I find, no tricks or BS.
"
Anton__Chigur wrote:
At least it's a lot easier to make currency on console. You don't have to go to hideouts and search your stash for every little transaction. I can make 100 exalts+ easy by just playing selling what I find, no tricks or BS.

Absolutely agree with you there, we have some lovely QoL from the trade board.
In an ideal world they would let us use both trade board and chat.

The issue we need resolved is the disproportionate prices between the platform they balance the game to (pc) and our own.
Chat is how PC players trade so for bidirectional trading we need chat, and it also allows us to sell aspect/perandas portals etc. and group for easy coop play and make new friends (which would for me inevitably lead to voice party chat).
Last edited by Timbo Zero on Mar 10, 2020, 3:07:49 AM
I agree that the console needs an improvement in chat and exchange.

As for drop and build construction I disagree. I played for two months and stopped, managed to do two constructions with more than 100ex in investments each and there was still money left.

I don't think GGG will unify the PC / console market. We will not have any significant improvements, so wait until 4.0 / poe2.
"
DaniloPaiva wrote:
I agree that the console needs an improvement in chat and exchange.

As for drop and build construction I disagree. I played for two months and stopped, managed to do two constructions with more than 100ex in investments each and there was still money left.

I don't think GGG will unify the PC / console market. We will not have any significant improvements, so wait until 4.0 / poe2.

Yeah, I have done four builds this league, the first time the game has dropped enough to encourage me to do so (and spend on mtx as a result).
Drop rates etc are fine, no changes needed there.
What we need is chat channel in game for trade and grouping (which can be disabled if player wishes to), and the databases for trade unified so our prices closer match those of the PC market (for which the devs tune and balance the game).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info