Castlevania season 3

anyone watching the show?

I friggin love it, if you're a fan of Castlevania it's a must. It's good and worth it if you enjoy gothic medieval horror fantasy.

Anyways, if you watched it what you think?
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2020, 1:33:42 AM
the sorty is good, the art is okay, the animation horrendous and voice acting manages to beat even that on the negative scale. still, its fun, and maybe somewhere in the future, they will get better.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
tsunamikun wrote:
the sorty is good, the art is okay, the animation horrendous and voice acting manages to beat even that on the negative scale. still, its fun, and maybe somewhere in the future, they will get better.

You genuinely have no idea what you're talking about, and pretty much everything you just said in a negative sense (animation, voice acting) is laughably wrong. But don't worry. I'm not going to waste my time arguing why I think that way. Your ignorance has never bothered me that much, especially given how picky you are with anime. That's your need to appear knowledgeable by way of unnecessarily and unjustifiably dismissive standards; it's exhausting just to watch your efforts to appear above it all. I have no intention of engaging with them. You seem...covetous of it, proud even. So be it.

But just know that you're wrong. Just wanted to say that in case anyone else here reads what you've written and mistakes it for anything but a specious opinion.

edit: Unless you mean the Japanese dub, which has veteran seiyuu (Okiayu, Miki) but not the best voice direction. The show is written for English actors of such calibre as Bill Nighy, Richard Armitage, Lance Reddick, James Callis, Graham McTavish and Navid Neghaban. Bad voice acting. Wow. Sit down.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 12, 2020, 8:18:14 AM
I watch the english version. But maybe i'm too ignorant to understand what language i'm watching? Calling someone ignorant without actually providing proof is cute. And it makes you seem a lot more arrogant than you accuse me to be.

And i don't talk about the actor or their voices, but the acting itself. Strange emotions, as well as strange noises to scenes where there is no apparent source for the character reaction. Strange cadences used etc.
May i should have written voice direction?
The animation is choppy, the fights a mostly nothing more than keyframes, or sometimes even left out. Still frames in conversations, rigid and unnatural poses.... yeah you could call it style. I don't.
And what exactly has this to do with anime or how picky I am?(which i'm not, but it might seem that way in this shounen centered world) I already said its fun, because it satisfies my most important metric in stories.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
tsunamikun wrote:

well I disagree with you sir, I've been watching animated shows since the 80s Castlevania has some amazing quality animation and design that is far above average. voice acting is also great. It's currently one of the best animated show that is aired.

"
diablofdb wrote:
"
tsunamikun wrote:

well I disagree with you sir, I've been watching animated shows since the 80s Castlevania has some amazing quality animation and design that is far above average. voice acting is also great. It's currently one of the best animated show that is aired.

Yeah, not sure what tsunamikun is going on about.

Castlevania is better animated then most anime and the voice acting was one of the best of the bunch here.

Anyway, super hyped for the new season.

(⌐■_■)
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
tsunamikun wrote:

Yeah, not sure what tsunamikun is going on about.

Castlevania is better animated then most anime and the voice acting was one of the best of the bunch here.

Anyway, super hyped for the new season.

I watch tons of animated series and movies. And that last season of Castlevania deserve a top 5 of the last few years def.

I will probably trigger many anime fans here but in the last few years anime weren't that great, and compared to castlevania there are not so many anime that is close to that quality.
It's not strictly anime. I do agree with that. Anime is made for or by a Japanese-centric crowd, and any appeal to the global market is secondary to that.

But in most ways Castlevania is better than made-for-TV anime. It has so many things typical anime doesn't:

a top tier writer (warren ellis)
strong source material (castlevania/akumajou dracula)
decent production schedule (not rushed, no sakuga houkai, no 'filler' eps or drastically noticeable bad episodes animation-wise)
actual TV/movie actors for a cast (as opposed to professional voice actors/seiyuu)
the need to pander to the crowd (no moe for a start)

At the same time, it clearly has anime-influenced animators working its staff who employ sakuga techniques like impact frames and kagenashi(shadowless -- enabling much more dynamic movement). One particular shot of Sypha in the sky in episode 9 was pure kagenashi. I follow the twitter of several of the animators and staff, and their keyframe work is gorgeous. The amount of effort they put into it is equal of any of the 'sakuga' stars from Japan.

And yes, the non-action stuff in the show is much lower quality animation wise. So what? This is how animation is made. The voice-work and writing carries you through those quieter moments.

Castlevania is the best Western animation I've seen since Avatar. Period.

And it's in direct contrast with pretty much anything else netflix dares to put out and call 'anime', because Jesus most of that is pure shite.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 12, 2020, 6:34:13 PM
I love this Anime, it is damn good... If it were just fucking stick figures moving around, it would still be damn good because of the story telling. This may not be a common practice, but I’m always curious who's behind the voice... the animations. I will be adding it to my collection... ^.^
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
tsunamikun wrote:
I watch the english version. But maybe i'm too ignorant to understand what language i'm watching? Calling someone ignorant without actually providing proof is cute. And it makes you seem a lot more arrogant than you accuse me to be.

And i don't talk about the actor or their voices, but the acting itself. Strange emotions, as well as strange noises to scenes where there is no apparent source for the character reaction. Strange cadences used etc.
May i should have written voice direction?
The animation is choppy, the fights a mostly nothing more than keyframes, or sometimes even left out. Still frames in conversations, rigid and unnatural poses.... yeah you could call it style. I don't.
And what exactly has this to do with anime or how picky I am?(which i'm not, but it might seem that way in this shounen centered world) I already said its fun, because it satisfies my most important metric in stories.

Let's be real, a certain someone can be a tad arrogant ;)

I do understand what's being said tho, I wouldn't be a fan if not for the IP.

Like the scene with the army walking up to the priory, that felt jerky to me.

Some of it is styling, but a lot of the movements do have a stiffness about it. I do get the impression that there's a bigger range of movement between cells than I'm used to.

But all that said, looking forward to another season.
Yep, totally over league play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info