Ghost Reaver - would it help me?

Hi guys!

As a disclaimer, I'm a new player, super casual, father of three, so words like "meta", "min-maxing", "most efficient", "best", "fastest", "most DPS" aren't in my dictionary.

With that out of the way, I'm leveling a Shadow (45) (recently Trickster), and this naturally ebbed me to the whole Evasion + Energy Shield area. The main three skills I have are Viper Strike, Cobra Lash and Pestilent Strike, with Cobra Lash being the most prominent. I usually clear mobs with the Lash and close in on "named" monsters (Uniques? Bosses? Not sure what the right word is) with Pestilent and Viper Strikes.

Seeing that I utilize Energy Shield (not stacked real high yet, it's about 50% of my Life total currently), I was looking at Ghost Reaver as a Keystone passive, but seeing that Chaos DoTs do not leech anything, I wasn't sure if I should take it or not. If I understand it correctly, I would only Leech whenever my Pestilent or Viper hits - but then again, I do use those skills on smaller, tougher groups or single targets like bosses, so maybe it would help me? I ended up taking it, but not sure if that's the right decision. My reasoning was that the actual Hits from Cobra Lash should count as Leech, but who knows...

If some advice could be given, I'd appreciate it!
Last edited by Aidames on Feb 26, 2020, 2:46:57 PM
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2020, 5:41:27 PM
Thanks guys, I posted on reddit (the official PoE forums) and got some advice an hour or two later!

Stay frosty!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info