NPC monologue audio ends prematurely

I wanted to emmerge into PoE lore for a change and listen to all the stuff that NPCs have to tell me, but the sound of every single monologue fades away before char actually finishes it. So I have to initiate it again, scroll down and read the last phrase(s). This completely spoils everything. And kinda reminds me why I never cared about the story and skipped all the monologues.

I don't want to READ all and every monologue. I want to take a little break from staring into monitor, lay back, close my eyes and and LISTEN to it. This is why you made it audible, don't you?.. So please fix that function that interrupts the audio when text autoscrolls to the end. Or syncronize the speed of audio and autoscroll so both can end simultaneously.
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2020, 9:41:17 PM
Aye can confirm this happens. Wasn't a problem in Jan, but noticed it after some patch.

Small "work around" for the OP, is to scroll the mouse wheel up, so the text doesn't move & they will finish their audio. But regardless, super annoying.
A possible workaround is to change the dialogue box to not close until the player clicks continue.

It won't affect most people because they skip the dialogue already, but it will make this particular problem go away.
"A possible workaround is to change the dialogue box to not close until the player clicks continue."

Is that a suggestion, or a in game workaround, because I can't find an option in settings to make it do that.
Hi,

Also reporting this kind of problem :

Yesterday it was an NPC that I don't remember on my new Shadow (Act 1), today it was the dialogue for the reward for killing General Gravicius, and the Karui Ancestor in the Library for his quest concerning Archives papers (Act 3). The dialogues aren't that interesting, but I like to have the whole thing to listen to.

Will try the trick GizmoX64 gave in his post soon.

EDIT : The trick works, the wheeling is not sensible, so one have to scroll very hard to maintain the dialogue, but it works.
Duriel, Lord of Sorrow

My allmighty Trading Topic : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3197346

Friends converted to PoE : 8 (including 2 in 2021 !)
Last edited by Duriel7 on Apr 6, 2020, 5:38:37 AM
I too would like to report this problem. I enjoy the quality of the script and voice acting but the NPC script audio cuts out before the end of the dialogue. I love 99.9% of the game so far so I hate to sound dramatic, but as a new player trying to follow the story it really takes away from the Role Playing experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info