Annoying Radeon updates

Radeon released it's 4th driver update in less than a month on the 27th. I don't recall having to update Geforce drivers very often.

I've not used Radeon GPUs until recently. Is this the norm for Radeon? It isn't like Geforce where everything runs smooth with old drivers. If Radeon releases an updated version, the previous version has noticeable problems running videos, games and watching streams, instantly after a new driver update goes live.

I think this will be the last Radeon product I buy if it requires constant babysitting.

Last bumped on Feb 2, 2020, 2:47:56 AM
It's funny you complaining about updating drivers frequently but not mentioning an actual reason to.

Were you having issues?

Most importantly, did you even bother reading the patch notes or did you update because you got an automated notification?

I get the impression you're just looking for a reason to be critical.

My currently installed driver is 19.9.2. The actual current driver is 20.1.3 and 20.1.4 is available.

I could update but none of the addressed issues are a factor for me.

In other words, you're complaining about a sudden frequency in updates when other games would be appreciative that their fresh issues were being patched. My last update wasn't even "necessary" but it was convenient to grab at the time.
Yep, totally over league play.
Every single time without fail, when an update goes live, before I update, streams stutter (won't play unless I reduce down to 720 or 480p) and POE stutters.

It has gotten to the point where I know there is a new update because of the above issues I have. Soon as I update, the problems vanish.

I'm a cynic also. Some friendly advice? Cynicism turns into delusion when presented as fact. Lighten up, Francis.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info