Torchlight 3 announced, out of alpha & in full beta, releasing on Steam in Q4 2020

Thread and the title have been blatantly stolen from the POE sub reddit:

https://youtu.be/mo-KscmCsbk?t=78

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/euyggl/poe_officially_has_another_arpg_competitor_for/

"
Should be very interesting to see T3 once they've completed the beta stage and release the fully polished game.

I wonder if GGG will match them and release a league in Q4 of this year that's also had a full beta and been polished?

T2 had more players and a bigger community that POE for the first three years of our game's existence. T2 was also a full price game that sold over a million copies a year for three years straight.

That's big competition for a game like ours. We've never had numbers like that.

The shady mods of that scummy reddit white-knight pretty excessively for GGG. I'm surprised the post was even allowed to be honest, they usually shadow ban content like that and users that discuss it.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Jan 27, 2020, 9:06:02 PM
Last bumped on Feb 7, 2020, 2:34:58 AM
Whoa, interesting! I didn't even know that Torchlight III was a glint in anyone's eye, much less about to get a release.

It'll be a "premium" game released through Steam. Good call, though while they assure us that it will include "all content" I wonder where the rest of that "premium game" definition goes. Initial price, certainly. But, later? DLC? Content Expansions? Dunno.

If it's a good game in its own right, I'm find with DLC/Content Expansions. If not... and it's still a premium game, yet requires all the rest of that stuff, free or not, I'll be a bit disappointed.

Thanks for the headsup!
None of the later expansions or additional content cost a dime for TL1 or TL2.

They later released a full community supported and persistently updated mod SDK pack for TL2, allowing the community to mod every last part of the game as they wanted & create new content & expansions for it themselves too. The mod community for TL2 is the only mod community size I've ever seen that I would comfortably say was as big as what Skyrim had.

The dev's behind TL1, TL2 and now TL3 are mostly all the same, too. They were all from the shuttered Blizzard North team who created Diablo 1 and 2.
WOW...! Usually dudes wearing those THICK RIMMED LIBERAL glasses are highly SELF RIGHTEOUS and REFUSE to listen to player feedback...! I was very pleasantly surprised.
It is better to be cautious. It is their Free to Play mobile game Torchlight Frontiers repurposed and rebranded as Torchlight III.
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 15, 2020, 3:45:21 AM
I saw Ziggy playing the Torchlight Frontiers Alpha a few months ago...

It's not worth getting excited about imo.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Torchlight II is my best arpg after Diablo 2.

Im looking forward to 3rd one. Happy :).
"
deathflower wrote:
It is better to be cautious. It is their Free to Play mobile game Torchlight Frontiers repurposed and rebranded as Torchlight III.

They re-worked the entire game over the last two months and are turning it back into what Torchlight 2 was, but massively updated.
we'll see. no game is worth pre-purchase or even buy on release. i'll wait around and see what i hear about it after its release for a few weeks. if it holds up i'll probably be interested.
i can't really stand to playthrough TL2 anymore so

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info