Controller deadzones

If it’s been brought up before and never implemented that’s just sad I seriously doubt it would be hard to implement this option but :*( I have an elite controller that the left stick likes to drift upward which leads my chars on a crash course towards death and it’s getting annoying and I’m not even gonna attempt hc with the drift and I shouldn’t have to go buy a new controller to fix this when it’s as simple as adding the option to adjust controller deadzones rocket league has that option and I have no problems using my elite on that game because of it
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2020, 3:16:01 PM
"
Legit Wicked wrote:
...it’s as simple as adding the option to adjust controller ...

You can try making some adjustments to sensitivity using the Elite Controller hardware app.

(Despite it's vaunted "quality" I've personally found the Elite Controller product team has to have the worst QA department on the planet... I hope they fix their quality issues for the second version, else it's a hit-and-miss money sink. The first one I got was visibly broken, the second shipment was actually missing pieces.. They make a limited run of these controllers to save on dead-inventory costs. IMO, if someone is buying one significantly after that run? They're getting spare parts and rejects. Just IMO, since Microsoft has more lawyers than I do.)
Yeah unfortunately I tried that before posting but it didn’t help but appreciate the suggestion. Also heard the v2 still have drift issues from what some people are reporting. Idk it’s just seems PoE is missing some QoL as stated on the forms this may be minor QoL but I can’t be the only one suffering with drifting deadzones when it could be fixed with one option. I’m sure nothing will be done about this especially if no one has ever posted about deadzones before this, shrugs we’ll see what happens
"
Legit Wicked wrote:
...I’m sure nothing will be done about this especially if no one has ever posted about deadzones before this, shrugs we’ll see what happens

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say it's a definite thing, but I would doubt that GGG would move to put in their own controller overlay/API. GGG makes direct use of all the standard Microsoft API thingies. It's a heck of a lot easier, and arguably better, for them to do that than to code their own or add functions, especially when it's focused on a hardware defect.

Frankly, your controller shouldn't be "drifting."

Just like the two Micro$oft Elite Controllers I bought shouldn't have been broken messes of junk or missing parts... :)

Honestly, Micro$oft needs to hear more from their own customer base regarding the lack of Quality Control for their expensive, exclusive, "Elite" controllers. I'd happily climb on-board that Rant Train. :)

I think all the highly competitive PVP "Arena/whatever" games are going to be much more tightly focused in keeping the playing-field leveled in terms of hardware capabilities and problems than any ARPG would be. For instance, AFAIK D3 has no controller API beyond the standard manufacturer's API controls. (I don't remember seeing any controller customization for D3 on XBox or PS4. (Or PC for that matter)).

Still, I think your suggestion is worthy of notice. I just don't know how GGG would go about doing that without a ton of work. (Not a coder, so... dunno.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info