Edit:

Close this topic please.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Snorf42 on Feb 4, 2020, 8:18:06 AM
Last bumped on Feb 2, 2020, 6:37:09 PM
OP should take his own advice.
"
Snorf42 wrote:
"Please think before you post!...and I can carry on this endless but I hope you get the point and understand what I want to say... if not I beg your pardon....

Understand what you want to say?

Understand?

Aside from a curse-laden rant directed solely at people who post complaints, as if you can categorize every complaint as being the same due to some imperial write you carry around in your pocket, what exactly is it we're supposed to understand?

Not every complaint is the same. Some people are not you. Some people may be actually have a real, frustrating, problem. They are using a product, supplied to them for free, and they are investing their time playing it - They have a Right to make a reasonable complaint.

And, if you think being "free" exempts any product from complaints made by its consumers.. you haven't been paying attention. This is a front-end to an in-game marketplace. That's what this is. It's the front entrance of your local grocery store, the app you downloaded so you could order breakfast serial and have it delivered to you, a game that hopes to entertain its players for long enough, well enough, that they will spend a great deal of money buying pixels to dress up their electronic dolls.

If you love ice-cream and find a giant brown mess in the bottom of your Free ice-cream cone that smells like it came out the Southern end of a Northbound cow... you have a right to complain. And, if you paid for a seat so you could sit in the store and eat it? Grats, now you're a "paying" customer with a free ice-cream cone.

They're customers, many of them paying customers, who may have legitimate complaints. And... they all, regardless of their complaint, deserve your diatribe?

They deserve you doing that to them no matter what their complaint is?

That's pretty... bad. You should maybe pay a bit more attention to your own post header. You should probably think about how some other people might feel when faced with problems you don't experience.
Morkonan

yes, you absolutely right I wasn't exactly clear.
Some people have a real game-breaking problem and most of the time they get an answer!
But if you check around on the forum lots of people open a topic where is no actually real problem or suggestion posted just pure rage and throwing shit to the devs... they absolutely don't deserve that.
Open multiple different topics with the same issue, and when the devs answer the fix is on the way still not stopping just carry on posting bullshits.
After this kind of people wondering why they don't get an answer anymore...
If you look around on different topics you will see the same names come up all the time with a negative comment doesn't matter what is about the topic.
Those people are Toxic to everyone

Think before you post - but yes if you have a real issue or suggestions ofc you post it.

Last edited by Snorf42 on Jan 23, 2020, 4:44:59 AM
[Removed by Support] It’s not even comparable to the state of pc . Trying to say that pc people would want our trade board hahaha are you high?!?! The trade board is a joke . It takes like hours upon hours to purchase something (especially if it’s a jewel, good luck) that’s also if the seller isn’t a price fixer or afk for days. Take your criticism from the people who don’t agree with you ( which is everyone) and STFU .
Last edited by Matthew_GGG on Jan 23, 2020, 9:45:29 AM
"
Snorf42 wrote:
yes, you absolutely right I wasn't exactly clear.
Some people have a real game-breaking problem and most of the time they get an answer!
But if you check around on the forum lots of people open a topic where is no actually real problem or suggestion posted just pure rage and throwing shit to the devs... they absolutely don't deserve that....

Sometimes, people rant...

They do. They get upset and then feel they need an outlet for their rage, for whatever reason, so they go to the forums and see others complaining about their own problems and decide "THIS IS WHERE I AM SPOSED TO DO RANT!"

Some rants aren't so bad, once you drill down to what the actual problem is. There are some really good threads that can develop from what started as a typical "rant." (Usually, a new player ranting about a mechanic they don't understand, then being illuminated in following posts and finally revealed and understood - fail/progress/win. :))

Of course, ranting just to throw poop at people is never something anyone should do. Even so... nobody is free from having never done that. We're all "human."

Yes, you're right, players should not just scream at the devs for no discernible reason. Absolutely.

But, you're never going to be free of that, especially "online." The best way to handle that is, remarkably, not to "scream back." :) Seriously! The best way to turn a /rant post into a productive one is to not rant back. Instead, try to understand where the ranter has gotten their rant-worthy thing and then try to help.

And, no, I don't always do that either. I'm just as human as the next human. I even rant, too! (Sometimes, embarrassingly so...) But, in times like this where I am not currently ticked off about anything, I can see a bit clearer and know that the best solution isn't to rant back, but to dissemble the rant into topics that can then be calmly approached. :)

Next time you see a /rant thread, try it.

"ZOMGZ DIEFEST RANT GAME IS STOOPOD!"

"Well, PoE can be pretty punishing, especially when you get to the Atlas. What build are you running? Post a link to your build or make your profile public. We might be able to help you fine tune it so it works better for you."

It might take a couple of posts like that when interacting with the ranter, but you'll know pretty quickly whether or not that person can be reasoned with and calmed down. :)

(BUT, even if they run around the forums like a gun-toting maniac, ranting about everything under the label "PoE," that doesn't mean they're a jerk "in real life." It may be more likely that they're a jerk IRL, but... it's not necessarily direct evidence of it. :))

PS - We are all consumers of a product. We do have the Right to complain about the perceived quality of that product. I also think that GGG pays a bit of attention to certain sorts of complaints, even if they don't comment directly within such threads. IOW - They are here. They are watching. They do not reveal themselves by posting because that does nothing but inflame /rant threads. But, they want to know what players think and what the best approaches might be in order to keep players playing.
Last edited by Morkonan on Jan 25, 2020, 3:05:36 PM
"
SwineHunterr wrote:
[Removed by Support] It’s not even comparable to the state of pc . Trying to say that pc people would want our trade board hahaha are you high?!?! The trade board is a joke . It takes like hours upon hours to purchase something (especially if it’s a jewel, good luck) that’s also if the seller isn’t a price fixer or afk for days. Take your criticism from the people who don’t agree with you ( which is everyone) and STFU .

This!
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info