losing xp when the game crashes..

Hi GGG

This is a sincere request that your dev team look for technical solutions that stop punishing players with xp loss (or even worse permanent death for HC players) when the client side crashes. I've been a developer for well over 20 years and I refuse to believe that this is not a solvable issue if your team put appropriate effort into resolving it.
The concept of being able to roll-back uncommitted updates is not exactly a new concept in the world of relational databases -which you guys must surely be using when performing server-side updates on character related details. To my mind, no character death should be committed to your database until a client side acknowledgement has been received. Lacking that confirmation due to a crash (resulting in an error response from the client or a timeout) a roll back to the last commit point should absolutely occur. Frankly I'd rather lose an item I'd just picked up in my inventory due to rollback rather than suffer an unfair death stealing me of the time I've invested into the game.
I recognise I'm probably talking to the hand, but I need to say my piece on this anyway because I don't think the current situation is acceptable.
For what it is worth, for any other players out there reading this, I have observed that a class with higher evasion/acrobatics/phase acrobatics is far less likely to die when the client crashes than say a build that relies on active leach (for example), and I've configured my build accordingly. The thing is, I shouldn't have to, because this is not a problem I should be having to try and circumvent.
Last edited by bendybruce on Jan 5, 2020, 5:07:28 PM
Last bumped on Jan 5, 2020, 5:33:33 PM
Bonus suggestion.

Please add a a new option in the menu system to customise the "interact" (X) button by assigning it to a new binding. As it stands now, I've finally recognised the best option is to simply assign the least used skill (or even better) no skill at all to this button. With Tane popping up right in the middle of fights, the on going issue of doubling up the functionality of this button with skills can really be very painful. The thing is, I'd much prefer to use this button for my primary skill and chose to map the interact button to something else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info