Performance issues

Will the performance issues ever be fixed on console ? Or are they just going to be ignored forever . Blights are unplayable my whole screen freezes and then I die. Multi mod high tier red maps are the same literally unplayable. But hey ! Buy these $200 MTX’s!
Last bumped on Jan 8, 2020, 9:19:41 PM
"
SwineHunterr wrote:

Will the performance issues ever be fixed on console ? Or are they just going to be ignored forever . Blights are unplayable my whole screen freezes and then I die. Multi mod high tier red maps are the same literally unplayable. But hey ! Buy these $200 MTX’s!

Game crashed several times yesterday (ps4 pro). Sometimes it doesnt load when i try to start it again from the ps4 menu, sometimes it freezes during a play session. Overall performance issues seem to be worse than before right now, again.

You probably have to wait for next gen consoles to play a more stable poe and honestly im not even sure about that as well.

"
Faceman165 wrote:
"
SwineHunterr wrote:

Game crashed several times yesterday (ps4 pro). Sometimes it doesnt load when i try to start it again from the ps4 menu, sometimes it freezes during a play session. Overall performance issues seem to be worse than before right now, again.

You probably have to wait for next gen consoles to play a more stable poe and honestly im not even sure about that as well.

Since patch 3.9 my game is hanging everytime I open it the first time.
[Removed by Support]
Things I've noticed this league (on PS4 Pro)
1) Weird macro blocks/artifacts when first starting a map. It's as if the game is trying to display assets that have not yet been pulled into memory which results in black squares being displayed. Performs stalls for a moment while the assets seem to get pulled in then play smooths out.
2) Flashing artifacts/strobing when going into a map. This will continue intermittently within the map unless you leave and force a re-load of the map.
3) Crashes that seem to cause the game to freeze on a black screen when you then try to reboot. So you have to reboot again, so this is sort of like a double crash.

It's not all bad. There is a lot I like about this new league mechanic but frankly in terms of stability bugs and glitches it feels like issues are being introduced into the game at the same rate (if not faster) than they are being fixed. Frankly I predicted this would be the case some time ago based on the business model of constantly pushing out new content. I think it is virtually impossible to do justice to quality control with a business model like that.

Considering the console got zero love at Exilecon (eg if they had said something about their commitment to bring PoE 2.0 to the next gen that would have been sweet) I am seriously wondering about the long term future of the game on this platform. A very rough estimate of numbers based on the volume of level 100 characters on PC vs consoles quickly tells me the player base disparity is simply enormous. at the end of the day Tencent expect a return on their investment and I seriously doubt they have much interest at all in the console market considering there practically isn't one in China. Mobile phone gaming, on the other hand, that's big in Asia and what do you know, we got PoE on Mobile grabbing a sizeable spotlight at Exilecon. I hope I'm wrong, this game is great now and could be a whole lot better if they cleaned up performance and quality, but the numbers don't lie.
Last edited by bendybruce on Jan 6, 2020, 8:20:49 PM
"
bendybruce wrote:
1) Weird macro blocks/artifacts when first starting a map. It's as if the game is trying to display assets that have not yet been pulled into memory which results in black squares being displayed. Performs stalls for a moment while the assets seem to get pulled in then play smooths out.
2) Flashing artifacts/strobing when going into a map. This will continue intermittently within the map unless you leave and force a re-load of the map.
3) Crashes that seem to cause the game to freeze on a black screen when you then try to reboot. So you have to reboot again, so this is sort of like a double crash.

It's not all bad. There is a lot I like about this new league mechanic but frankly in terms of stability bugs and glitches it feels like issues are being introduced into the game at the same rate (if not faster) than they are being fixed. Frankly I predicted this would be the case some time ago based on the business model of constantly pushing out new content. I think it is virtually impossible to do justice to quality control with a business model like that.

Considering the console got zero love at Exilecon (eg if they had said something about their commitment to bring PoE 2.0 to the next gen that would have been sweet) I am seriously wondering about the long term future of the game on this platform. A very rough estimate of numbers based on the volume of level 100 characters on PC vs consoles quickly tells me the player base disparity is simply enormous. at the end of the day Tencent expect a return on their investment and I seriously doubt they have much interest at all in the console market considering there practically isn't one in China. Mobile phone gaming, on the other hand, that's big in Asia and what do you know, we got PoE on Mobile grabbing a sizeable spotlight at Exilecon. I hope I'm wrong, this game is great now and could be a whole lot better if they cleaned up performance and quality, but the numbers don't lie.

Poe has build its fanbase on pc over the years so it does not surprise me that there are way more players on that platform.

I still hope that the game has a future on console though im not optimistic right now as well. Either way we will get D4, which will feel great on console.
Last edited by Faceman165 on Jan 7, 2020, 8:05:26 AM
"
bendybruce wrote:

Same on Xbox. Really bad when you have 2 people with full screen AoE skills in a 3 man party.
TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison
No game starts with a huge player base usually but you sure won't grow one if you don't fix stability or bugs or make quality of life things like making item shopping easier. Too many game options these days to not do these things. That being said I think poe is a great game with a really complex character build e.t.c but you still have to address your player base and their concerns in order to grow a popular game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info