PSA: Celestial Soulrend MTX causes FPS drops (devs have been notified)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2692592

The MTX is bugged and causes massive FPS drops (below usable, to the point you can freeze and die).

In my example, it drops from over 100 to even as low as 10 when large packs are affected by multiple instances of it. Changing GPU/in-game settings does not affect it in any way. What's even worse, the drop does not cause the resolution scaling to work, so you'll lose FPS no matter what.

The basic effect works perfectly fine and does not cause any issues.

GGG has been notified of it both by the above linked thread and support email, but there has been no answer.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Dec 29, 2019, 6:22:59 AM
Last bumped on Dec 29, 2019, 6:22:30 AM
This thread will be updated when/if I hear back from GGG.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Still no response from GGG.
"
carpesangrea wrote:
"
Ydoum wrote:
Still no response from GGG.

Considering most of their team is still on holiday...

Holidays are over. I myself was at work yesterday, some of my colleagues are at work even today (making sure servers run correctly during the weekend).

If GGG support took holidays until new year, then that's very bad practice for anything that's online.
"
carpesangrea wrote:

I'm by no means an apologist, but with all the problems this game has right now expecting on-demand feedback for a single MTX issue in 24 hours (when they already said their staff was staggering their time off) is asinine.

The problem was first reported over 2 weeks ago. In-game mechanics and bugs are one thing, but stuff that costs real money is another. The former is free to play, the latter is not.
(This is why I am not making countless threads about in-game errors)

Would you like to purchase a product that's not working as described?
The primary objective of this thread is to warn people about the issue with the MTX.
Last edited by Ydoum on Dec 28, 2019, 7:30:36 AM
"
carpesangrea wrote:
"
Ydoum wrote:

Would you like to purchase a product that's not working as described?
The primary objective of this thread is to warn people about the issue with the MTX.

Obviously not, but you were complaining that GGG wasn't addressing you personally. It came across as petulant.

Perhaps I worded it incorrectly, true. But then again, in the past I received immediate feedback regarding issues with micro transactions (as in, 5-10 minutes after the report). So my message could have been a bit biased, you're right.
Received a refund, devs have been notified of the issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info