Loot filters with community sounds.

TL;DR Custom loot filters using community sounds are broken. Adding them into the game would be a nice addition for those of us who have been using filters with them from PC and would like our same filters on consoles as well.

This might not effect many people on console in general, however it may be relevant to some. Now with the ability to link filters from filterblade aka Neversink we are able to take our filters from PC and convert them into ones on console.

Those familiar with the filter customization may know you can change drop sounds. There is a dropdown menu that contains sound clips/quotes from streamers and members of the PoE community. Currently if your filter uses any of these the filter will not work at all on console (PS4 confirmed, I don't have an Xbox to test but assume the same). The filter will appear in your list of filters in-game and can be selected but it will not filter anything or work outside of that.

I can confirm it is tied to the community sounds as a test I created three identical filters. One with no edits to sounds, one with in-game sounds rearranged, and one with community sounds enabled. The first two filtered loot as expected and the CS filter did not function outside of being in the list of filters.

Now when I converted my filters that use community sounds of course I didn't expect the sounds to work as they are not in the game itself but I didn't expect the whole filter to not function, although its makes sense since it would break trying to understand a line that doesn't actually exist.

I would love it if the community sounds could be added into the game so that they can be used with these filters that are now able to be linked to consoles so that they may function fully. The community sounds are not to be confused with custom sounds submitted individually, as this wouldn't be feasible to add for console for obvious reasons, but considering the community sounds are a built in part of filterblade customization it should be something that could be accommodated fairly simply I would assume considering every other part of the customization appears to function correctly.
Last bumped on Apr 11, 2020, 12:30:00 AM
I too would like this
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info