Last Epoch? How do you like it?

Last Epoch is open beta now and I'll give it a closer look since I hate the new atlas so much. Has anyone already gave Last Epoch a closer look and if yes how do you like it?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Dec 15, 2019, 7:30:15 AM
Last bumped on Dec 26, 2019, 6:13:41 AM
It's very good, the skill system, and item crafting are particularly good. The skills have their own skill trees which lends itself to a lot of customization withing skills that PoE supports just don't give you since it's about more than just optimizing damage. The item crafting is more of a press your luck style crafting where you break down items you have for their mods and then add and level up mods on other items which increases the chance of breaking it if you go too far.
"
j33bus wrote:
It's very good, the skill system, and item crafting are particularly good. The skills have their own skill trees which lends itself to a lot of customization withing skills that PoE supports just don't give you since it's about more than just optimizing damage. The item crafting is more of a press your luck style crafting where you break down items you have for their mods and then add and level up mods on other items which increases the chance of breaking it if you go too far.

Sounds great, I'll definitly give it a try after x-mas. The big question for me is how is last epoch's endgame?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
It looks like trash and runs like trash, but it's a really good ARPG.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
It looks like trash and runs like trash, but it's a really good ARPG.
This is all very true lol.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
i bought the beta for $35 USD before PoE 3.9 came

dont buy it, not worth

they still have a lot of optimisation problems
and specially balance problems

the beta currently dont allow you to "re-spec" your skill points into a certain skill, you have to "-1 to level" the skill if you want try something else out

the "beginner experience" is SOO BAD, i just quit after play testing all classes

the only good thing in that game right now is their crafting system
I'm not interested in the game until it releases. I regret every early access game I've ever purchased, except for 1 or 2. Most of them start out looking like they got potential, just to end up as a disappointment.
"
DngA wrote:
i bought the beta for $35 USD before PoE 3.9 came

dont buy it, not worth

they still have a lot of optimisation problems
and specially balance problems

the beta currently dont allow you to "re-spec" your skill points into a certain skill, you have to "-1 to level" the skill if you want try something else out

the "beginner experience" is SOO BAD, i just quit after play testing all classes

the only good thing in that game right now is their crafting system

I made myself a christmas gift and bought it myself and I don't regret it at all. Of course it looks like shit and it runs like... let's call it not really smooth but apart from that I like it. I knew about the "no respec" thing before because karv made a video about it and I agree that it makes choises feel more like real choices. The skill system looks amazing, and even the crafting/gambling system looks fine to me. But since I've only played a few hours so far I can't really judge the game right now. But one thing is for sure, I've seen a lot of closed betas and only a few looked that promising.
Last edited by 666lol666 on Dec 26, 2019, 2:04:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info