MacOS official client estimated release date

Hey people!

I've searched everywhere and I can't seem to find any clue on the release date of the Official MacOS client, do you have any idea about when it is intended to be released?
A semi-TLDR to why I want to know this so bad: I had a Desktop PC up until 1 week ago - the motherboard is now dead - and I don't pretend to upgrade/fix it. I have my 2013 mac which I use to work, but it couldn't handle the Windows sandbox (or any other alternatives).

So I was just wondering how much time I will need to endure this abstinence.

Thanks in advance!
Last bumped on Nov 29, 2019, 9:38:32 AM
Next year around expansion 3.10 or 3.11

so in roughly 4-8 months
Last edited by ParaD0x1 on Nov 28, 2019, 9:46:04 AM
I wouldn't be too hyped about a Mac client if you're going to try to run the game on a 2013 model. Your GPU would be near the bottom of the bare minimum req's for the Vulkan API, and the Vulkan API also doesn't run natively on Apple products. It needs a software compatibility layer to make it play nice with Metal.

Game should (stress on should) be able to run, but how playable and enjoyable it is will likely be a different matter.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:

Game should (stress on should) be able to run, but how playable and enjoyable it is will likely be a different matter.

Damn, wasn't expecting this... a quick comparison though: I have played Diablo 3 with the "lowest" graphics available and it was kind of smooth - even in really crowded maps (late game). There were some specific maps that it lagged a bit, but they were 2~3 out of 40~50+
Diablo 3 was very well-optimized for multiple platforms from the start, and hasn't changed substantially graphics-wise since. PoE is a whole different animal in that regard. PoE's switch to the Vulkan API should be an overall improvement on lower-end hardware. But since Vulkan doesn't run natively on the Mac, at least some of that improvement will be negated.

Maybe it will be playable enough on a bottom-tier of supported Mac models, maybe it will be terrible. Hard to say at this point, but I definitely wouldn't set my expectations too high.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Last edited by aggromagnet on Nov 29, 2019, 9:43:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info