Base Armours going into PoE2

So as we saw and as it was stated, there will be new models for the base armours coming in PoE2.

The style from what I see so far looks bliss. Love it. So much more D2 like too btw, yet different regardless. Love it. More feudal than antiquity.

To be honest I have not been too happy with the current base armours we have, some looks quite base to me (no pun intended). Also didnt ever really fancy the fact that every 4 armour types we got a rehash of the same armours again then again for higher levels. With better armours, I could be ok with this.

The new looks are already hyping me. However, over time I came to love the more "Roman-like" antiquity in some armours, and there are a few that I think look quite nice.

My question is, since the time period goes 20 years into the future, is the entire aesthetic of PoE1 also changing to reflect the time? Which ultimately wont make much sense since the first campaign will still be against Kitava, hence, its 20 years before again.

Or, will we see an overall revamp yet in keeping with some armours and styles that are actually good in PoE atm? And maybe just an updated visual for them in fidelity at most. No need for too much.

Some designs that come to mind that I enjoy and would love to see return/remain are: wild leather, sun leather, full scale armour, field lamellar, full chainmail.

Can we expect to still see a few of those? Or at least, depending on the armour type combination (str, dex, int etc) have some gladitorial looks remain in the game? Secutor helm comes to mind, as well as keep to some of the more feudal looks as well as fluted bascinet.

Anyway, more of a question than a suggestion. Again I love the new style I saw, but was curious if any of the old will remain just revamped obviously and better, along with some gladiator like designs. Will the variety in looks be still available to us?

It was high time we finally got some bases that looked good imo. Like I said I am really not so fond of 90% of the current base armour looks, lol, though would love to see some new additions based on the better looking gear already in the game.
Last edited by HazaRdReborN on Nov 23, 2019, 1:11:57 PM
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2019, 1:09:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info