Question regarding shadow poison builds

Dear community,

I'm new to PoE, and so far I really love the game! My question is simple: would it be viable to have a main skill like cobra lash and a secondary skill for single target damage like viper slash? Could one make that work? Coming from D2 it makes little sense to only have one skill to use almost exclusively, no matter what the situation is.

If it is viable, how to build that character? I'm just looking for some pointers, I mean I'm figuring the system out as I go... so far it works fine to use both skills (level 16 so far). Cobra lash being the main one, I just skip to the viper thing for bosses (dash + run in and out - hit and run basically), but I would like to play the end game content too, not sure if this still works then :-p

Thank you very much - I hope I posted it into the right sub-forum?
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2019, 4:14:13 AM
That is not needed, usually what you do is swap area of effect / clear gems, for single target ones, like swapping multiple projectiles out, for bosses. Since most builds only have access to one six-gem item, your body armour (unless you are using a 2 hand weapon, of course), you can see why this is the case.
thanks for the reply, it's a pretty complex kind of game for sure :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info