Sad to see that the game is apparently still a mess on consoles.

I played PoE on ps4 for 3 weeks when it came out and got to a point where I was repulsed by it. I uninstalled it as soon as I got the platinum.

Trying not to die in a labyrinth run is one thing but being very afraid to crash in a Uber lab run is a completely different thing.

I didn't mind crashes as much as I hated all the performance issues. I read over 20 patch notes in the hope to see that most performance issues had been fixed but sadly realized that almost nothing had been done to fix ps4 performance issues.

A console game should be optimized enough so that something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2pTsZ_lUFU should never happen. I'm not sure if I recorded that before or after the Brand skill optimization but regardless, very similar lag was still happening during delves, breaches and other situations where monsters would appear out of nowhere. Your main hurdle in a game shouldn't be trying not to die to rubber-banding back into mobs after using a Dash. Me and a friend were forced to ask for someone to help us clear the Pillars of Arun map since both our games would completely freeze after using a movement skill onto a platform with mobs and we wouldn't be able to do anything until we'd just end up dead.

Path of exile is a great game in itself, it's just unfortunate that it's such a mess on PS4. I bought the 60$ supporter back on the first day because there was a mistake on the playstation store and it was listed for less but otherwise I would have waited since you don't need stash tabs early on and I might have just ended up quitting the game after experiencing all its issues but since I had invested money I was committed on getting the platinum before quitting.

So, I'm really sad to see that a console port is once again neglected and won't be going back to PoE and I will have to find other games to play until an ARPG that actually runs like a console game should, comes to PS4.
Last bumped on Nov 28, 2019, 7:37:15 PM
It runs way better than that now, it's pretty consistently improving. Patch notes will never say anything about performance optimizing, it just lists changes and fixes.

I've done breaches almost twice that dense this league with a slightly better frame rate.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Large mobs and shocking ground makes for a major fps loss for me. If only there was a way for us to tone down the bells and whistles....
IGN: Grombakh
Last edited by Zerum on Nov 23, 2019, 1:33:57 PM
I still see room for improvement as well. Great game overall, but would like to see some focus on PS4 performance. Flame dash is a great example. Very often, I cast it and suddenly rubber band back to where I was standing before the cast. Cyclone is another; I can stand in a pack and channel, and suddenly, no hits are registered (the sound of the hits even stop). I've gotten used to it to the point where I am almost expecting it, and just spam defensive CDs when I see health bars stop dropping. Could always just be my set up, but I don't see this in my other games, and my ping tests are never over 12ms.
"
easypoints wrote:
I still see room for improvement as well. Great game overall, but would like to see some focus on PS4 performance. Flame dash is a great example. Very often, I cast it and suddenly rubber band back to where I was standing before the cast. Cyclone is another; I can stand in a pack and channel, and suddenly, no hits are registered (the sound of the hits even stop). I've gotten used to it to the point where I am almost expecting it, and just spam defensive CDs when I see health bars stop dropping. Could always just be my set up, but I don't see this in my other games, and my ping tests are never over 12ms.

I have the same problems with both of the mentioned skills.

The only way to resync Cyclone is a Leap Slam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info