D4, how funny

A D3 player was like: "Imagine where will PoE be after D4 get released"

lol
Last bumped on Nov 2, 2019, 9:38:59 PM
if Blizzard pull another D3... I can tell you POE is safe for the next few years.
"
diablofdb wrote:
if Blizzard pull another D3... I can tell you POE is safe for the next few years.

D3 was very popular for quite awhile. People like to do revisionist history because the game eventually fell off after a few seasons into RoS, but it was more popular than PoE during its time. Just it doesnt have persistent changes like PoE, and slowly fell off because it was 1 expansion. Poe has constant content updates and eventually a single expansion wore thin.

D4 can be a pile of crap and still draw millions of players for a few years, just like D3 did.

A lot of people actually liked the changes RoS made to the game, too. People like self found; look at PoE's implementation.

Anyways, I think people do too much revisionist history on D3's popularity because its not popular anymore. But it was during its time.
if it sells 10 million copies at start, its a win for blizzard even if all 10 million players quit afterwards
Spreading salt since 2006
Diablo 3 had success because people believed it will be a great game after D2 and the hype behind it. After few weeks when most people finished the game, the game was awfully broken with the auction house and the broken late game gameplay. So the numbers show that many people bought the game, but it doesn't show how many people stopped playing compared to D2 for example and their feelings about it. RoS really saved the game for a while but it was also fail to match POE.

I hope D4 will be great, but to be honest, Blizzard as a company now, I doubt they can create such titles again. They are just trying to hit as many audience and it restrict and shift the way they are making their games for the worst for most hardcore fans. D3 was so unoriginal and out of context to the Diablo series that I really think they will need miracle to meet the fans exceptions.
If D4 is an actual action role playing game this time around, look out every other current Diablo-alike. IMO
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info