Searching for level requirement

Hi is it possible to highlight items in your stash that require a specific level?
I know you can search by item level but can't seem to search by level requirement.
i.e. searching "requires level 1" doesn't work. Was trying to search Lilly's sale tab for skills I could use from character level 1.
Any trick?

Cheers
Snoof
Last edited by Snoofo on Oct 22, 2019, 8:16:55 PM
Last bumped on Apr 14, 2024, 9:08:12 PM
if you're using the official trade site:

below socket filters, by default, there is a "requirements" box that is unchecked. click that.

in 'level', put in a Max. So if you are level 30 and want something you can wear, put 30 in the max box. now your search will only show things required level 30 and lower.
If you're trying to search one of your stash tabs, you can search by item level.
There are a bunch of ways to search for stuff in your tabs.

Or are you talking about poe trade?
Sorry was talking about searching in-game stash. I know you can search by item level but can't seem to search by level requirement

Edited OP to clarify.
Bumping for similar reasons : new character, a bunch of items in stash with different level and stat requirements, can't seem to find a way to search for "Requires Level X"...

Also, for some weird reason, "Level: 1" highlights this ?!? :

Meta : why when searching for "requires level" stash search, this thread didn't show up in the first pages, while it was the first result when searching this site with DuckDuckGo ??
"
BlueTemplar85 wrote:
Meta : why when searching for "requires level" stash search, this thread didn't show up in the first pages, while it was the first result when searching this site with DuckDuckGo ??

Yeah, the forum search leaves a bit to be desired. IIRC it searches for "any of the entered terms", so you got results with either "requires level" or "stash" or "search", rather results that contained all three.

On-topic: You matched that ring because its item level is in the 10-19 range.

In-game you can copy an item's info using Ctrl+C. Doing this and pasting into notepad or whatever gives some insight as to what you may want to design your search string to look for.

Example:
Spoiler
Item Class: Gloves
Rarity: Rare
Storm Mitts
Deerskin Gloves
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Evasion Rating: 108 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 37
Dex: 53
Int: 83 (unmet)
--------
Sockets: G-B-B-G
--------
Item Level: 29
--------
+19 to Evasion Rating (fractured)
+38 to maximum Life
8% increased Rarity of Items found
+20% to Lightning Resistance
--------
Fractured Item

Having messed around with this example a bit to find solutions for you, here are some suggestions/springboards:

!unmet - Only highlights items without unmet requirements--though this also includes non-equipment items like currency. Would be more useful if it could be combined with the specific level searches, but it might be more visually clear than just the red backgrounds.
^level:\s[1-4]?\d\b - Highlights items with level requirements between 1 and 49, inclusive. Does not match items with no level requirements, and also matches any gear containing gems.
^level:\s[1-4]?\d$ - Same as above, but only matches met level requirements (and gems still).

Note that the behavior concerning items with socketed gems seems hard to avoid. They include a line for the gem level, and for the required level. So, on top of not being able to separate low level high required level gems in the search, I also couldn't find a way to only search by the equipment item and not by the gems inside.
Last edited by Jadian on Jan 5, 2024, 3:30:58 PM
Been messing with this bcas I wanted to search uniques tab for uniques that require levels 1-19.

In poe you can search "!req" which seems to find any item that doesn't have a level requirement.

I've just been testing by trial and error basically and it seems like:

"X|Y" = contains X OR Y
"X"|"Y" = contains X AND Y

which is weird syntax (to me).

"!req"|"staff" works as you'd expect from above, it shows staff with no requirement

"!req|staff" shows items with no requirement. Though critically, EXCLUDES the staff. I think the only way this can happen is if you are actually searching for "no requirement AND no staff" meaning:
-in this example the | no longer function as OR but instead as AND
-the ! is also being applied to the string "staff"

I'm so confused. I just wanted to search for !req OR ^level:\s[1-4]?\d\b
which I accept probably cannot work because one condition is regex and the other is not. Though I have had some searches with "!req|~someregex~" work as I would expect. Which of course leads to more confusion.

There is always the very real possibility that I'm just a moron.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info