Need help with my storm brand build

I feel like my damage is not great but more importantly I die way too much. Any help me appreciated. Character name Tollefso
Last bumped on Oct 15, 2019, 2:32:58 PM
Your biggest link is a 4. Obviously your damage will suffer.

You're not resistance capped on fire and especially on lightning. No, using a topaz flask doesn't count as it won't have 100% uptime especially on bosses. You could just replace that belt that has 1 resistance, low amount of life and no slot for crafting on.

You only have 105% life from tree skipping even easy to pick nodes like Blood siphon, why?

I don't even know what auras are you using because they add up to more than 100% so obviously you have something slotted that you aren't even using. I imagine vitality is the one that's skipped, no idea why would you use that on a trickster.

Your flasks are pretty weak setup, you have nothing against freeze or curses, and your Sulfur flask has no affix. Visit your friend Einhar and check his options to craft flask affixes.

You're level 79 with only 2 labs done? You're missing half the ascendancy points.

You have annointed some weird mana node while you're using eldritch battery, what's the gain in that? Life annointments are expensive, but there are cheap options for resistances, damage or quality of life like movement speed. Current one seems a waste.

I'm also wondering why dual wield if you aren't using any dual wield nodes like Dark Arts, unless it's meant to transition to void battery spec later or something. Otherwise you could use a shield and patch some missing life / defenses from that.

No idea what's the full tree meant to look like, are you following a guide or making your own? Is it planning to include extra defenses like Acrobatics at some point?

What's the reason of picking Utmost Intellect over other strong nodes like Arcane Potency, Nimbleness, Throat Seeker, Annihilation or the cluster with Holy Dominion, Light of Divinity & Discipline and Training.

Also not sure why do you need so much strength to spec Might, if only for Vitality, this aura is basically a waste of your slot / mana reserve on this spec. You can get life regen by speccing Quick Recovery and pathing to Resourcefulness through Assassination, Coldhearted Calculation and the area increase node. Then put 1 point above Coldhearted calculation and unspec the 2 between Trickery and Melding wheel / pain attunement, getting 1 point back.

Tbh if you're trying to scale Energy Shield, Discipline would be a better aura than Vitality.

There's some weird pathing going on like the point beyond Wicked Ward doesn't lead to anywhere and there's a big loop in the center, you could skip 2 points between Deep Wisdom and Pain Attunement and still be connected while gaining free points.

You have curse on hit + conductivity not linked with anything.

Generally there's an overload of random abilities so I don't know what are you actually using and what's there for levelling purposes or something.
CWDT - Wave of Convinction - Frostwall looks ok, well except CWDT being lvl 17 it means it'll rarely ever proc with your low life pool, wouldn't recommend that
Storm Brand: I guess main skill
Orb of Storms - Cast when Stunned - Shock Nova not sure about that part, imo you should get a proper 4 link on that, check what setup people use and what would work for you, but OOS basically alone seems wasted
Wild Strike? Doesn't make sense
Then you also have Arc and Divine Ire?
A lot of stuff scattered around but not much focus on either.

If you aren't following a guide I'd say check what links people are using and take inspiration from there: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=!The-Eternity-Shroud,!Void-Battery&skill=Storm-Brand&allskill=Herald-of-Ice,Orb-of-Storms&sort=dps

Also, Inpulsa's seems to be much more popular option for your spec than Carcass Jack. But overall the only Tricksters that seem to play it is with Eternity Shroud setup. Majority are Assassins.

TLDR:
Get a 6 link for Storm Brand (even swapping for a cheaper chest for now) and proper 4 link (at least) for Orb of Storms.
Get res capped without flasks requirement.
Get more life.
Do your labs.
Fix the talent tree.
Fix the flask setup, so you don't die from freeze and such.
You should see some improvement.
thank you
yeah been tring to 4 link and 6 link no luck and running a bunch of gems to lv em. I was thinking about trying mathil mjolner setup which is why I got vit but now just lving it. Also can't afford a 6 link to replace my chest got maybe 20c total atm.
Last edited by Tollefso on Oct 15, 2019, 1:48:53 PM
"
Tollefso wrote:
thank you
yeah been tring to 4 link and 6 link no luck and running a bunch of gems to lv em. I was thinking about trying mathil mjolner setup which is why I got vit but now just lving it. Also can't afford a 6 link to replace my chest got maybe 20c total atm.
Keep in mind Mjolner requires a lot of stats for a character to use it (412 Str, 300 Int), so it's not easy to swap into it unless you plan where you get all that strength from.

The Jeweller's Touch is a cheap way to get a 5 link early on until you're ready to replace it with a 6 link. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/EoOYc5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info