The Surge 2

It's a "souls-like" ARPG set in a dystopian future. It released not too long ago, and I highly recommend it.

If you want gear, you have to decapitate it from something that's using/wearing it, and you'll get their weapon, or an armor schematic to craft the armor. If you got the schematic, you'll get materials.

Basically, you got an exo-frame you wear and you craft equipment to go on it. There are set bonuses for using 3 and 6 pieces of a set.

Enemies have a # above their head, and if it's a 7, then that enemy uses tier 7 equipment, and will drop tier 7 materials to upgrade your equipment.

Some of the mobs are pretty hard to stagger in this game, and will take multiple hits, even with a heavy weapon, so the combat is heavily focused on using parries to open up mobs who are really hard to stagger by attacking. You got directional parries in this game, so you need to block and tap the direction the attack is coming from to parry it, so it's a little harder to do than it is in Dark Souls.

General attacking, dodging, and blocking seems to use a lot more stamina in this game than in Dark Souls games, so stamina is a very precious resource, and you can have most of your bar depleted by blocking 1 attack, and not have enough to dodge, or counter attack. It's really hard to next to impossible to dodge attacks in this game without burning stamina to "dodge", because enemies have extremely good tracking, and they will hit you if you try to circle strafe them. Circle strafing basically doesn't work at all in this game. And this makes the combat a little harder than most souls games, IMO.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 29, 2019, 8:27:48 PM
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2019, 7:36:10 AM
I found it to be very easy and generous compared to sekiro. And enemies give safe space so that you can do 1-2 hit, jump back and repeat until they are dead or just do a charge attack right away.

Having passed a little bit more than 50% of game atm, I never used block, only dodge, stagger hits too hard.
Spreading salt since 2006

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info