Help with a Trickster SHOCK POP build

TL;DR - how do you make a dual-wielding, channeling caster more tanky without acrobatics?

---

Hi! My desire was to build a battle-mage who shocks everything on the screen but also make things "POP" - similar to what you have with a Death Aura build. The pop is very thematically important and I found Inpulsa's to give me just enough "POP", it's terrific!

However, in my quest for shocks and pops, it often happens that I am the one who pops and not the monsters on the screen. It's not terrific. Can you think of ways for me to get more tanky but still retain the pop factor?

What kills me (in order of importance / relevance):

1. T14+ Betrayal encounters.. most of the time I die without actually knowing which member killed me or with what skill (it's mostly the ranged..)
2. Blight mobs showering me with Fire or Cold bolts
3. Big rares in Legion map encounters
4. Blight mobs w/ the Beyond mod spawning funny bosses
5. Uber Elder: I managed to get to the last phase but due to how Storm Burst requires me to stand still for about ~1.5 seconds for it to ramp up, it's very difficult for me to do damage _and_ not die (Taste of Hate helped but wasn't enough)

These are some of the things I tried:

1. 40% MoM via Watcher's Eye Clarity mod and then stacking more ES (w/ ES leech)
2. Running Fortify w/ Shield Charge; had to drop another battery for it, but mostly I really dislike the mobility of Shield Charge when compared to LW, and it doesn't fit the theme either
3. Running Shroud of the Lightless for more evasion + ES; I lost the POP!
4. Stacking more HP (got to ~8k EHP); it was slower and less dramatic, and I _still_ died to Betrayal members
5. [Phase] Acrobatics; I didn't like it because it gimps ES and Armour (can't use Granite flask anymore, and right now it gives me 40% phys reduction with the rolls I managed to get...)

You can see my current gear on the public profile, the character name is ZOOMShock. I am using Storm Burst with CWC Arc, Orb of Storms for support, and Lightning Warp + Flame Dash for mobility. My current setup incorporates:

1. Arctic Armour
2. Single-target Enfeeble
3. Infused Channeling (phys + light)
4. EB + 30% MoM
5. Dual life/ES leech
6. Some block via the DW tree
7. Granite and Stibnite flasks.
8. CWDT IC

I really want to keep to the theme but make it to level 95+ and do the challenges this league. I'd appreciate any tips.. thank you!
Last edited by falfool on Sep 27, 2019, 7:01:53 PM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2019, 6:55:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info