Need Help, Dying Too Much at Lvl 91 - Cobra Lash

If anyone is willing to take a look at my gear and tree, advice would be much appreciated. I have all the DPS I need, but get one shot a lot, not sure how to make this build more tanky. My profile is open! thanks in advance will tip in game for tips :)
Last bumped on Sep 24, 2019, 8:10:12 PM
Hmm let's see. For the most part you have solid life rolls on your gear except for your chest. I suggest getting a high health rare for a large increase in your hp pool. As you said damage is not an issue so Dendrobate isn't worth it anymore. Since you have Constitution and not Whispers of Doom on your amulet you can look to also put your additional curse enchant on your new rare chest. As of now you can't use two curses (despair and temp chains) which is hurting both your offense and defense.

As far as your tree goes it looks good as far as getting all the hp nodes you have access to on the right side of the tree. You could put 4 more points to fill in through Phase Acrobatics if you want but having at a minimum Acrobatics is good enough. Your offensive pathing could be more optimal but your damage is fine so we won't worry about that. You only have one jewel node when you are near 4 total so I'd definitely suggest trying to get those. Well rolled jewels with 7% max hp are incredibly strong. You can take a look at my tree, I dual wield daggers myself so the pathing may be more to your liking. Especially the bottom part of the tree, Ambidexterity and Dirty Techniques are very strong.

Bino's is amazing but I'd replace the Arakaali's Fang asap. Look to getting a delve crafted dagger with 60% chance for 100% more poison damage. Just like most assassin builds you can only obtain so much defense. A good offense is often times the better defense. A well crafted multimod weapon will be better than Arakaali's for sure. I'm pretty sure that dagger is for minion builds anyways, not poison-centric builds.

For your flasks I suggest dropping Atziri's for a Basalt Flask. The physical mitigation is huge and not diminished by Acrobatics like a Granite flask would be. You are also lacking anti freeze and anti curse suffixes on your flasks, so I would put those on the Basalt and Mana flasks. The anti bleed on your hp flask is good.

Ultimately even when this build is geared out to max it will never be able to face tank content. You'll have to be swift and reactive in your playstyle and constantly moving to survive. As good as plague bearer and withering step are for offense, forcing their use to get up close to a dangerous mob can sometimes spell disaster. If you have to, just stay at range and kill deadly rares and uniques a little slower from a safer distance. Attemping to save a few seconds for more dps is wasted if you die doing so. I'd also suggest Increased AOE support on your plaguebearer to make it easier to land from a safer range.

Edit: One final tip, you can use Enduring Cry for endurance charges.
Last edited by jrelthewise on Sep 23, 2019, 11:54:14 PM
"
jrelthewise wrote:
Hmm let's see. For the most part you have solid life rolls on your gear except for your chest. I suggest getting a high health rare for a large increase in your hp pool. As you said damage is not an issue so Dendrobate isn't worth it anymore. Since you have Constitution and not Whispers of Doom on your amulet you can look to also put your additional curse enchant on your new rare chest. As of now you can't use two curses (despair and temp chains) which is hurting both your offense and defense.

As far as your tree goes it looks good as far as getting all the hp nodes you have access to on the right side of the tree. You could put 4 more points to fill in through Phase Acrobatics if you want but having at a minimum Acrobatics is good enough. Your offensive pathing could be more optimal but your damage is fine so we won't worry about that. You only have one jewel node when you are near 4 total so I'd definitely suggest trying to get those. Well rolled jewels with 7% max hp are incredibly strong. You can take a look at my tree, I dual wield daggers myself so the pathing may be more to your liking. Especially the bottom part of the tree, Ambidexterity and Dirty Techniques are very strong.

Bino's is amazing but I'd replace the Arakaali's Fang asap. Look to getting a delve crafted dagger with 60% chance for 100% more poison damage. Just like most assassin builds you can only obtain so much defense. A good offense is often times the better defense. A well crafted multimod weapon will be better than Arakaali's for sure. I'm pretty sure that dagger is for minion builds anyways, not poison-centric builds.

For your flasks I suggest dropping Atziri's for a Basalt Flask. The physical mitigation is huge and not diminished by Acrobatics like a Granite flask would be. You are also lacking anti freeze and anti curse suffixes on your flasks, so I would put those on the Basalt and Mana flasks. The anti bleed on your hp flask is good.

Ultimately even when this build is geared out to max it will never be able to face tank content. You'll have to be swift and reactive in your playstyle and constantly moving to survive. As good as plague bearer and withering step are for offense, forcing their use to get up close to a dangerous mob can sometimes spell disaster. If you have to, just stay at range and kill deadly rares and uniques a little slower from a safer distance. Attemping to save a few seconds for more dps is wasted if you die doing so. I'd also suggest Increased AOE support on your plaguebearer to make it easier to land from a safer range.

Edit: One final tip, you can use Enduring Cry for endurance charges.

Dude! You are the best! What a thorough and MOST HELPFUL reply. I will take all this great advice and make some changes. Also, thank you for clarifying that even at it's peak this build is not a face tank build. I have played much safer builds of late, and I have gotten lazy. This build should help me stop being so lazy - it just gets soooo frustrating to lose xp at these high levels, that I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some silver bullet.

I do have a rare dagger that I spent an exalt on that has the mod you mention, I will swap it out, and look for a solid 6L chest with better life and the additional curse mod. And fix my flasks as you described. And take account of all you have said about jewels etc!

Thank you again my friend, and do add me in game as I would like to provide you a small token of appreciation for the time you spend to so thoroughly analyze my profile and provide this great advice. All the best from Columbia, MD, USA! -Shane

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info