Hannaford brand burritos are stepping up their game.

So I've always preferred store brand burritos to the El Monterey ones. The El Monterey ones are good, but there's some problems.

The El Monterey burritos use these really thin moist tortillas, and also really moist meat. It makes it so when it's heated up, it basically feels like you're eating a solidified pile of slop.

Hannaford brand though, uses thicker, drier tortillas, with a perfect dampness of the meat inside. And without skimping on the meat with the thicker tortilla.

I just partook of two Hannaford brand burritos, and wow, just wow. What seemed like the same burrito I'd always enjoyed, was not that. It was that, with noticeably slightly more flavor, and a new spice added in, that complimented it wonderfully.

If any of you forumgoers end up at the store, torn between what burrito to purchase, I recommend Hannaford brand. (If it's a store that has that.)
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2019, 2:37:46 PM
Psst, you'd better switch to mediterranean diet and avoid those... ready-made food, they just taste good, they're no good actually. Try a salad with fresh tomatoes, green peppers, olives, onion and white feta cheese in olive oil with oregano on top, or carrot and celery in olive oil with lemon dressing (from a real lemon, not a bottle, and the oil must be from olives, greek if possible, italian and spanish just as good).

Oh, and you don't use a full stop (the punctuation mark we call in greek stigme teleia, literally a dot at the end) inside the parentheses (the round brackets).
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
I wish I could do that, I can't handle most vegetables at all. It really sucks, so many salads look so appetizing, every time I try to eat the stuff in them though I either vomit, or come really close.

Corn, peas, and potatoes are the only ones my body will accept that I've tried. I've tried pretty much all the big ones too. Except for spinach, it smells too horrible, I can't even get myself to give it a chance.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Hah wheat tortillas *spits*

Run, don't walk, to your nearest Taco Stand, or at least the nearest one with a valid health permit.

Treat yourself to a hot burrito made with freshly grilled meats, fresh coriander, fresh chiles still possessing some of their legendary vitamin C content, melty smooth queso blanco, plump still-green nopales, etc. wrapped in a freshly made tortilla with its proper texture.

A wheat tortilla should be velvety to the touch, a little flour dusting here and there, a little chewy, strong and flexible for its thinness. Somewhat al dente. Not hard on the edges and soggy in the weight-bearing regions.

Better yet, try a cornmeal tortilla. Spongy, more like a crepe than a tortilla, absorbent, cuts with a fork, packed with roasted chicken stewed in mole and wrapped in a corn husk and steamed to fluffy perfection. You CANNOT freeze this experience. There is no time portal to the Temple of Cinteotl, eat it now or it's going to lose its tamalic magic, forever. (Ok i lied, you can get them packed in tins and they're edible. But the real thing omg. )
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info