Did Price-Fixers get some kind of introductory currency discount?

I've been hung up all day with Price-Fixers in the Marketplace.

I have been held hostage on multiple occasions against my will.

The resources I use to play the "Marketplace" portion of your game's content are being abused by other players and bots.

This is not my fault. I am abiding by the rules that you have written into your game. And, so are they... They're doing exactly what you have said that they could do.

That makes it your fault, GGG.

Shall we discus unrestricted and unregulated capitalism? How about an economy that does not have an built-in controls to protect against abuse? Or, perhaps, we should discuss how many ways one can define "Tyranny." "Subjugation," perhaps? It may be time to read any number of treatise on "The Detrimental Effects of Unrestricted Markets on Citizens." There are a few very good examples in the history of England, for instance. Some, of course, in Europe, but the wealth managed by English seafarers and trading company's far out-shines the impact of similar economic situations in Europe. South America and the Caribbean could serve as very good, more modern, examples of the tyranny of wealth. You can Google "Caribbean Sugar Plantations" and get a good idea of what that looks like.

In all of these cases, it's the private exploitation of an unrestricted, nearly lawless in terms of regulations, public market.

And, welcome to PoE "For Consoles."

Obviously, the PC version doesn't have this problem. Well, it does, but it does not have as wide-ranging of an impact nor is it as pervasive in terms of the number of players it effects? Why? The "mass" of the market and the tools available to the player largely help to curb the negative effect of a lack of regulatory oversight. Informal standards are also more common as exchanges are direct and both seller and buyer are not anonymous. Third-party tools allow all players to see trends, to identify troubling signs, and to directly contact sellers.

But, you put no controls in this particular market and there isn't a way for "The People" to self-regulate. Zero.

It's not up to us. The Price-Fixers have control of the market, not the Players.

I am not against anyone "playing the market." That's fine. If that's their game, so be it. However, when they play the market by "false advertising" and when they play the market by attempting to lure in their competitor's and "lock down their currency supply" in an attempt to reduce their power to affect the market then it's a abusive and unfair market and innocent players who just want to buy a few bits of currency, so they can finally craft the friggin piece of friggin gear they need...

Well, darn.

/sigh

And I'm a Fiscal Conservative! I feel so dirty right now... regulation.. controls.. what has this game done to me? Somebody should apologize.

I am not sitting in my comfy-chair browsing your In-Game MTX Sales Marketplace so I can put a cool, shiny, new, skin on the character that I am so proud of because I finally got the gear I needed for him. Why is that? /ponder

I have chased this crap all darn day, today. I have watched the market toss and turn as whoever is battling it out throws their punches and their feints. Who do you think is actually taking those punches?

There was no in-game battle I fought today that was more difficult or frustrating than attempting to defeat the Price-Fixer. From around 11 am or so and on and off until 2:00 am on Sunday, I fought and lost as my ability to play the "Marketplace Content" was funneled into bids that were held hostage for hours and hours, many still sitting there in hopes that maybe someone will give me a chance to play.

Price-Fixers are the Final Boss of PoE-Console.

PS - I don't care. It's 3:30 am and I'm just too tired and grumpy about wasting hours in this game today dealing with a marketplace hand-crafted by the Borgias and populated with pixelated Napoleons.
Last edited by Morkonan on Sep 22, 2019, 3:32:40 AM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2019, 2:15:52 AM
Price fixer checking in.

Why do I price fix? Cuz everyone else does it and GGG won't do anything about it. The way I see it, me and all my friends are putting ourselves at a disadvantage if we don't do it.

yes it sucks for new people who don't know prices. Until GGG implements a buyout feature me and all my friends who play will continue to price fix.
"
LOLUBAD wrote:
Price fixer checking in.

Why do I price fix? Cuz everyone else does it and GGG won't do anything about it. The way I see it, me and all my friends are putting ourselves at a disadvantage if we don't do it.

yes it sucks for new people who don't know prices. Until GGG implements a buyout feature me and all my friends who play will continue to price fix.

What the hell, you were bashing RMT in that other thread, now I see this. Price fixing is so much worse.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"

What the hell, you were bashing RMT in that other thread, now I see this. Price fixing is so much worse.

Do I really need to explain the difference to you? There's a reason RMT is a bannable offense in most every game out there.. price fixing? Not so much.

I would gladly opt for a buyout feature, but GGG seemingly doesn't care about the price fixing, nor RMT for that matter.
"
LOLUBAD wrote:
Price fixer checking in.

I get it.

I understand why you would do it.

But... when the market is shifting a Chaos or two on currency and I'm trying to buy a few fuse to get my links, wtf is it with holding that bid all darn day?

Sure, if it's a competitor, you've locked down their currency and maybe at a good time if someone is trying to shift the market or start trying to buy up other currency.

But, the more that is done, the more people that are just going to get ticked off. Maybe not players that have been around for awhile, but newer players. And, the market shrinks. Eventually, it'll be few players other than "fixers" working the currency market.

If the mechanics weren't all tied to Fuses and Alchs, it might not suck so much.

On item-price-fixing, that's what it is. I get it and don't care that much. If someone woefully undervalues their own item, so be it - They had it to lose. It's only an issue on bigger ticket items that don't have a decent supply.

You do you, man. I'm not going to make it personal. But, considering the impact of some forms of price-fixing have on players, it's not something I would do myself or condone. It's holding people's game-play hostage and that's just wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info