Guys, I really need help.

I can literally hear a spider walking around beneath a cupboard type thing about three feet away from me. I'm fucking terrified right now.

There's been a few massive ones before I could hear, this makes them sound tiny though. If I never post on the forum again, know it's because it came out and I had a heart attack.

Edit: Holy shit, that heart attack thing might not even be a joke. This thing is fucking nuts. It sounds like it's almost tarantula sized.

Edit again: Whoo, I survived the night. He's gone or in stasis, and it's safe to sleep.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last edited by LV9999Majin on Sep 10, 2019, 8:09:11 AM
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2019, 7:43:42 PM
Put some boots on and go a-stomping.
Personally, I like spiders, but I have a co-worker is absolutely freaked out by them.
Had a daddy long legs between my filing cabinet and the wall of my workspace, and he would not come and talk to me.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
How do you know it's a spider?

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

What else goes thumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthump?

I bring you

Stabber of Mother of All Eight Legs! (Good luck finding the egg-sac. It's where you least expect to find it.)
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

That's all that's ever in here. Also because of how it moves though. It makes a slow light dragging sound and pushes through stuff under there.

They colonize under there and in a couple corners of the room every summer. I've had to battle (spend five minutes trying to work up the courage to crush them with a long stick) a few huge ones that came out from it before.

I'm terrified of moving that thing, I feel like they'll all just flood out all over the place. Then be pissed and eat my spinal cord in my sleep.

I'm fine with most spiders at this point from living here a couple years, but if the body itself is more than an inch wide I'm just so fucking beyond terrified.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

They colonize under there and in a couple corners of the room every summer. I've had to battle (spend five minutes trying to work up the courage to crush them with a long stick)

When dealing with spiders, the last thing you want to do is see a scary one, then have it escape and go into hiding when you miss hitting/squashing it.

Instead of trying to hit it, get some hairspray and spray just above the spider so the mist drifts down. The spider will feel it and run for just a moment, then it will stop. As it stops, it's legs will be glued still by the hairspray.

Then you can get it easily.

Spoiler
There is one exception to this rule
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Another trick is chestnuts.
Spread them around the perimeter of the room.
They naturally repel spiders.
If they get dry, use some sandpaper to refresh the surface.

My gram, my sister and others that I know use this to great effect.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Sep 12, 2019, 9:44:59 PM
Spiders are pretty cool, but the larger ones kind of put me on edge.

The real enemy though are wasps and hornets. Seriously, to hell with those things.
"
I can literally hear a spider walking around beneath a cupboard type thing about three feet away from me. I'm fucking terrified right now.

There's been a few massive ones before I could hear, this makes them sound tiny though. If I never post on the forum again, know it's because it came out and I had a heart attack.

Edit: Holy shit, that heart attack thing might not even be a joke. This thing is fucking nuts. It sounds like it's almost tarantula sized.

Edit again: Whoo, I survived the night. He's gone or in stasis, and it's safe to sleep.

And now the most important question: where do you live?
I am terrified of spiders (although i never ever kill them. Just fight with myself to put a glas over them and carry them out. I also don't kill flies, waps or hornets. Bad Karma), but where i live they don't get too big.

But i will never forget when i travelled to australia (just a 4 day stay until going to new zealand). Every noise. Every shadow. Awaiting death behind it. Boy, do i hate spiders... as huge as fucking dogs.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Sep 13, 2019, 7:47:01 AM
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"

And now the most important question: where do you live?
I am terrified of spiders (although i never ever kill them. Just fight with myself to put a glas over them and carry them out. I also don't kill flies, waps or hornets. Bad Karma), but where i live they don't get too big.

But i will never forget when i travelled to australia (just a 4 day stay until going to new zealand). Every noise. Every shadow. Awaiting death behind it. Boy, do i hate spiders... as huge as fucking dogs.

I've been to Texas. Rattlers under the steps outside the Long John Silver's. Every streetlamp after dusk is a galaxy of fat, heavy flying bugs in all their Carboniferous variety. Fire ants swarming in an unbroken carpet of pain across fields and streams and parking lots. Spiders great and small - among the smaller ones are the black widow and the brown recluse - some with hard enough carapaces that the boot is NOT ENOUGH and you must rely on THE ROCK.

Flying, biting, swimming roaches the size of dogs 357 Magnum slugs.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info