Viper Strike Dual Wield Build?

"
Viper Strike
Now deals 90% of base damage at gem level 1 (from 80%), up to 135% at gem level 20 (from 130%).
Now uses both weapons if you attack while Dual Wielding, but has 30% less Attack Speed if Dual Wielding.
Each weapon now hits separately if Dual Wielding, dealing 20% less Damage.

I usually run the same sort of dual strike CI build whenever I come back to Path of Exile (yeah, I'm stuck ages in the past, I know). I didn't get the opportunity to get far into 3.7 with the melee rework, but hoping to take the opportunity with Blight. Admittedly, its more for the idea of being a dual wielding CI build with daggers more than anything, but sadly only Dual Strike really interacted with dual wielding.

Until that rather surprising line in the thread! Does anyone think it would be possible to build a dual wielding viper strike build with this change, or would a straight physical dual strike build work better? (In particular, the new Nightblade Support + Dual Strike looks like they're made for each other).

Theoretically, though, Viper Strike could now apply two poisons with each use if you have 100% application chance, but with the 30% less attack speed that puts it at roughly 40% faster applications. And the other poison buffs seems like it could be quite useful with it. AoE might have to default back to melee splash though (without the unique gem for Dual Strike), as I'm not certain how well the 'poison explosion' strike will work (a shame it wasn't a support gem to be slotted onto Riposte).
Last bumped on Sep 4, 2019, 12:57:13 PM
Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info