Console QoL additions

I've been playing a little while now. Played FFXIV on console in the past. Here's a few things I feel that would improve my experience. I'm sure there's more. If they occur to me, I'll come back and add them.

1. Chat
I miss the ability to chat in town or in-mission. Used to organize groups or just chat in general. The game is just too quiet. Can't communicate with anyone and that's a shame. It really needs text-based chat. Plug in a USB keyboard and you're good to go because typing on a controller is cumbersome to say the least.

Should have Town (the instance you are in), Guild (so you can be in a guild and talk to them wherever they are - would make co-op a million times better), and maybe Trade, where you can ask for things you are looking for or selling. That channel needs a 1-2 minute cool down between repeated messages. Should also have a Global channel, which is for all instances of the town you are in, and a Party channel. You could turn any or all of these on or off at will in Options and move the chat window where you see fit (or off completely - see #3 Interface).

2. Emotes
Kind of goes with the above, but to be able to wave or bow to someone would be incredibly helpful.

3. Interface
Had the ability to extensively modify the interface in FFXIV. You could move each interface component around, scale it to your needs, add or remove some others. The interface on the PS4, on my TV, is bigger than I need and also has way too much margin from the sides of the screen. I also do not want quest reminders on all the time. I'd move some things around.

4. Character view
Unless I'm missing it, there's no way to view your character. You have to hit the big menu button, but that only zooms in some, and you can't rotate in there. If I go over to Character in that menu, you should see stats, but with L1/R1 you should go to a character view screen to actually look at your character, rotate them, zoom etc. You can't even do that in the game at the moment.

5. Game view
I now it's been tested, and the chosen iso angle is best for view in combat, but for my tastes, I'd like to bring it is a little and change the angle so the camera is a little lower. I'd like to try it anyway. A camera adjustment to change the iso angle and zoom a little would be nice.

6. EQ preview
When I go to buy an item, I want to be able to preview how it would look on my character before I trade it - because you can't tell - and some things are super expensive (most of them worth even trading for). See #4 Character view - it would work just like that, but in a window on the trade screen.

7. Trade filtering
Trade Market needs better filtering. Should be able to filter for number of slots and some other specific affix requirements.

8. Transfer
In part along with #1 Chat, you should be able to move around town instances if you can't find someone in chat to party with in the instance you are in.

9. Controls
The controls for console are great - except - we only have 8 skills slots. Many builds have options for more. I think we need another set of 4 slots accessed by holding L2+R2 (PS4), giving us 12.

Similary, related also to chat, USB keyboard support for both text, but also chat. Again, similar to FFXIV. That would allow key commands for the skills, and in the options you could choose keyboard UI or controller UI, as appropriate. Makes a lot of sense, but admittedly I'd probably be ok with the extra set of 4 quick actions for controller and chat support for a keyboard.

For a game that's been around since 2013 (I think?) it's really weird to me that some or all of these things aren't in the game. Look at FFXIV, which has all this and a TON more features, and it runs really well. Hopefully some of these can come into the game to make it more social - my man concern - it's like a one-player game right now, (which is too bad!), considering all the players that are here and in towns. Sometimes they might as well be AI the way the game design is at the moment.
Last edited by aeralure on Aug 13, 2019, 8:14:50 PM
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2019, 10:37:04 AM
Chat

This needs to be addressed more. The promise of chat keeps getting put off; we are near 2020. They've said they were not able to utilize chat/guilds until accounts were linked on the official website. Well that was June 19th. I want guilds more than chat itself - but being able to link items via chat would be hella nice as well.

Chat (in-game text with keyboard support and a few channels - trade, guild, party, instance) would make the game infinitely better imho, and it's probably the biggest thing for me.
"
Chat (in-game text with keyboard support and a few channels - trade, guild, party, instance) would make the game infinitely better imho, and it's probably the biggest thing for me.

Honestly if we dont get any of this in this td league im gunna be a dick about it
1. They have been talking about chat being almost finished for over 9 months, with nothing to to actually show for us. If ever added, it should not be a mandatory thing IMO though. It should be able to be hidden or super low transparency for those that don't want to use it or sessions that you don't care to see it. It will also need some spam filtering (RMT sites specifically), way to report, and ways to block.

2. Emotes don't feel like they would belong. They also would not be seen quite easily unless we get some zoom / camera options.

3. Totally agree. They did this with Division 2 also, so it is feasible.

4. Would be nice. I use the cosmetics screen and hit Y to hide one of the panels.

5. Yes.

6. Good idea, even it is only doable on this website.

7. OMG yes, been waiting forever for some improvements.

8. Meh, not that big a deal.

9. We will get this in the next league. You can use LT for the additional 4 slots.
TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info