Trickster and fire DOT

I've been messing around with a fire trap trickster for the build's bonuses to damage over time, and one thing I'm a little confused about is which things stack while receiving that passive's 50% damage bonus. I know ignites don't stack, but what about other things? Basically I'm looking for other sources of fire damage to stack onto the burning ground caused by fire trap. I've experimented with Scorching Ray, but it doesn't seem to have much of a significant effect. As far as I understand, Searing Bond should work (haven't tried it yet), as should ignites caused by skills like Fireball, etc. (though multiple ignites won't stack with each other.) Not sure about Flame Dash. RF seems to work, based on what I've read. And what about Firestorm? That has a duration, so is that considered a DOT effect?
Thanks for any input!
Last bumped on Aug 11, 2019, 11:33:19 AM
Firestorm has a duration since it remains for a bit, but its only DoT stems from ignites. The actual spell has a hit portion for every little fireball falling down.

Scorching Ray works well on a 3 or 4-link.

Vaal RF is great.

Searing Bond is meh.

Firetrap is cool, but I wouldn't play Trickster for that skill but Saboteur.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
You could use multiple totems + scorching ray to stack the fire debuff.

RF is also good of course.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 12, 2019, 11:37:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info