I like the game and would be ready to support it with money, but...

the PS4 version is so unstable that I won't. For example I haven't been able to finish Lord's Labyrinth level 55 trial, even if I am at level 76, because the game keeps crashing everytime I try it.

Everytime there is a massive swarm of enemies surrounding me, I start fearing, but not that I will die, but the fact that the game will probably crash. And many times it does.

And everytime it crashes I lose one try on a map(endgame). At my level and with my gear I may need as many chances as I can get to clear the map.

If this game gets more stable I will support it, but now I just can't. It's way too broken. I love it, but I also hate it.

Last bumped on Sep 4, 2019, 8:21:23 PM
PS4 version of the game is youngest one so it probably need some time to settle down and get stable. GGG has run into lots of technical issues with the game in latest releases, even PC version was very buggy at the start of Legion and similar situation happened in previous challenge leagues as well.

If you are serious about ARPGs, you should play PoE on PC. Best version with best controls, earlier releases and largest community. :P
I had the same problem. Crashed like every 15-30 min, felt totally unplayable.

But then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and it made the game a lot more stable. Can't remember since it last crashed.
Hmm, I will try reinstalling it when Blight launches.

My Legion experience was really bad.
First character was a double "The Warden" (-30% attack speed each but Frenzy charges on Stun) Flicker 2h Mace Slayer. I wanted to go for the slowest possible Flicker to not tax the game too hard but it ended up still unplayable with the console netcode. I don't even recall Flicker being so deadly/unreliable in the PC pre-Lockstep era. Unplayable.
Next I went for Spectral Shield Throw with the Jewel which makes it viable (in other words, a skill you can't play in SSF unless you get it first :p ) and even a bit overpowered when it comes to clearing. I got the 150+ and all of both sides challenge steps without trying. Alas, it was very crashy from the myriads of projectiles the skill spams and I crashed about every second instance which was enough to feel unplayable again too. It also created a deadly huge lagspike when the Legion monsters are released.
Third character was a Power Siphon Wander and I have to say, the auto aiming of the individual projectiles feels great. But the character lacks damage and is essentially a weaker version of the SST character I just gave up on. Worked almost crash free until maps, now it crashes every third zone. Better than every second but still, not really enjoyable, especially on stuff where tries count, like Lab, Delve, Zana missions, Betrayal.

I don't have much hope that they will be able to make PoE run ok before the dawn of the PS5 with less restrictive hardware limits. I'll now try the suggestion of disabling sound (flashback to the PC --nosound days) and reinstalling when the new league starts. I don't really want to go back to PC, I love playing with a controller and actually like console trading better too.

<edit>
Just to add since I already forgot my main reason why I switched to console PoE, to play with a buddy on the other side of the Planet who only games on consoles. Playing with someone else about doubles the trouble and it's a miracle he didn't quit on me sooner. It's a bit embarrassing to try and sell someone on a game that crashes every 15 minutes. There is no other game where I would stick around this long with these issues. GGG can be glad that it caters to addicts.
... is not a troll
Last edited by trollkind1 on Aug 29, 2019, 4:42:55 AM
I am one of those addicts. I do not push the game hard on others as most people I know have the standard Xbox, knowing that even on my One X the game is far from perfect performance wise. If and when the game has improved on console I will try to sell the game to anyone who will listen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info