Get crazy hyped everyone.

I'm a bit late to find this out because I've been holding off on looking into it, since every other time I just got disappointed seeing there was nothing new.

But there's finally Nioh 2 gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6klZAGtmrEw

Nioh was by far, hands down, undisputably the greatest ARPG ever made. And this sequel looks like it might be better. If you don't have a PS4 you'll have to wait like an extra year to play. But it is just so worth it.

It's from Team Ninja. They blatantly tried to do Ninja Gaiden gameplay in a Souls-like game, with crazy more in depth Diablo style looting, and just a massive amount of ways to build your character.

If you haven't played the first, I straight up demand you play it as soon as possible. It is a fucking masterpiece.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2019, 11:41:40 AM
Sweet, man. If something like that puts you off from a game you don't deserve to play it.

And it was in no way hyperbole. It's not an opinion, it blatantly does everything every ARPG has tried to get right nearly perfectly. I literally can't think of a single thing in that game where I was like "Oh, but if they did it this way..."
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
It's a great game, look forward to the second.

I dont know if I share your super hype, but they will get my $60-$100 depending on the version I go with.

Spoiler
the throw builds really kinda killed the 1st game tbh
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
I mean, Nioh was very good and I will play Nioh 2 but "crazy hyped"... nah. Now if you would've told me about a Wave Race sequel...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

it doesn't have 100% on metacritic and didn't win any game of the year awards. But go on, tell me that's just because those awards are rigged or people got it wrong and that of course you're right I mean how couldn't you be right!? YOU'RE ALWAYS RIGHT!

It's not because they're wrong, it's because they don't play games. Those are a bunch of people who just care about a story in games and not the actual games. And drones that just read other people's opinions on it and judge it by that.

You're a prime example.

"
鬼殺し wrote:

As for whether or not I 'deserve to play it', who the fuck are you to judge that? LOL.

Someone who was expressing how good I feel a game was, and then you come in being a conceited snob.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Natasha on Jul 24, 2019, 12:45:50 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
you only have yourself to blame for this. ^_^

Not really, I have you to blame. For being incapable of understanding a joke, and not understanding what makes a game good. Sekiro was cliche easy mode fan service, because Hidetaka sold out when he realized there's way more profit in making games for sheep instead of gamers. So he just copied Nioh and removed all the substance, then tossed in some flashy animations to make people feel like they were good.
Nioh is very good. A lot of things I liked about it, and the game is top quality.

I used a VIT heavy spear build for the first 2 difficulties, but kinda hit a wall on the 3rd difficulty that wasn't going to be overcome by "Git gud", literally didn't do enough damage, so I tried a living weapon kusarigama build, and never looked back.

I found some really good magatamas for a living weapon build. Wasn't even looking for them. I noticed some of the gear that some of the streamers had and was like "my magatama is better". People farmed for dozens of hours to try and get one that wasn't even 1/2 as good as the one RNGesus gave me without even trying/looking for one.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 25, 2019, 7:14:00 PM
I still have Nioh fatigue, which is why I ended up skipping Sekiro entirely. Most likely will skip Nioh 2 as well. I would get hyped if they returned the old bladespin build to its former glory.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Last edited by Moridin79 on Jul 26, 2019, 11:42:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info