The new lion king movie is dogshit

I went there just for seeing the hyenas, finally seeing them as the good guys or at least knowing if they die in the fire at the end or not. Of course that was too much demanded. Even the fucking lion king wiki cant answer that. Waited 25 years for nothing, NICE.

They changed some things about the hyenas though, Ed got replaced by Azizi or whatever the name is because I guess Disney realized that mental retardation is not something to make fun of and overall they are not as stupid and silly anymore but more pragmatic and serious and that meant seeing ultimately less of them and they are much more soulless than in the original and the rest is the the same as it was before ...

The worst thing about the lion king original already was that it had literally no lore. Why and how the fuck is Mufasa king and not Scar, what was the drama behind it, why are the hyenas banned from pride lands, why is Shenzi their leader, etc. Like if you guys really want to get a grip on this "universe", its like this: Start of the lion king movie was the big bang, use your fantasy, all books, comics etc are just spinoffs. The end.

Like how fucking stupid is Disney? They could make a dozens movies and grab as much money as they want from their viewers from explaining the background of the respected lion king universe and the only thing they did was doing the timon and pumbaa series, this lion guard series that is designed for 5 year old kids and some books that arent even considered to be official part of the lore but again just spinoff stuff.

If they would make movies like Mufasa rising, Scar rising or Shenzi rising or whatever they could have expanded this to a lore of the ring universe tier but yea I guess Disney doesnt like money lmao.
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2019, 7:44:28 PM
And lets not forget that there also was this Lion King 1.5 movie THAT ABSOLUTELY got ignored in the Lion king remake. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING.
You may find this video interesting:

"
The Lion King Lie - Did Disney Steal The Lion King? (Simba vs Kimba The White Lion Controversy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI-LNKZy3tY

It covers both sides of the issue rather exhaustively, providing all the available evidence, from circumstantial to substantial, and provides some background as to how TLK might have derived from KTWL. Plenty of fascinating history, no matter what conclusion you draw. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Protip: Live action remakes are always shit
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
@Raycheetah

Yes they stole it from the Japanese producers without any doubt and then also prevented the original to be shown on TV worldwide and preaching everywhere that the lion king is a ReAl DiZNey OrIgiNal. Typical scumbag conglomerate practices.

But still what can I say this movie was so defining for my millenial childhood that I could look over this fact if they would have expanded the lore by explaining the past instead of just making up new stuff that does not make any sense.

For example Zira, the wife of Scar who gives birth to all his kids while he is the king of the pridelands and becoming antagonist in the lion king 2. Where is this bitch in the remake? Nowhere. She is literally the queen and not to be seen or even mentioned how is that possible.

Edit: I had to read through dozens of deviant art picture stories where 3rd party artists tried to make sense of all this stuff (my favourite one is missing pieces by AudreyCosmo13 (https://www.deviantart.com/audreycosmo13/art/Missing-Pieces-page-1-201632196), of course no story was ever finished because there is not a single deviant art artist who ever finished her/his cartoon series about the lion king or anything actually I bet lmao but yea ... That should be actually Disneys job to do that.

Also the fact that they completely trashed their books. There was an official book that came out with original lion king in 1994 about what happens after the lion king movie, it was a friendship story of Simbas son with a hyena, called Asante. It was so beautiful and still they trahsed it for no reason in their new Disney Channel production "the lion guard". They removed and renamed everything.

So I start asking myself if "the lion king 2" also a spinoff or what I dont know it makes no sense at all. I hoped they would fill all or at least some of the plotholes of the sequels or explain stuff or at least give hints about the stuff they make up afterwards, but nope, nothing.

@DarthSki44

Well the jungle book live action was good and it was by the same dude, thats why I had some hopes.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Jul 23, 2019, 11:13:13 PM
While i liked TLK back then (i think it was one of my first movievisits), i don´t think an adult watching a childmovie will find statisfaction.

Actually, noticed?, you didn´t complain about it beeing "The Lion Queer" "The Lion GenericSuperheroeMovie" or "The progressive Lion" , so i assume you enjoyed the difference to the other movies around quite much.

I found this lately:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtSd844cI7U
Three guesses which movie got added to the long list of not needing to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Lachdanan wrote:
While i liked TLK back then (i think it was one of my first movievisits), i don´t think an adult watching a childmovie will find statisfaction.

Actually, noticed?, you didn´t complain about it beeing "The Lion Queer" "The Lion GenericSuperheroeMovie" or "The progressive Lion" , so i assume you enjoyed the difference to the other movies around quite much.

I found this lately:

It's a shame the producers of the movie didn't screen test their effects better (a la Sonic the Hedgehog); uncanny valley nightmare fuel keeps creeping through into release these days.

I remember T.S. Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats:

https://www.fadedpage.com/showbook.php?pid=20160525

...as a delightful romp of poetry and nonsense from childhood. I never bothered to see the musical, so I have no real opinion pro or con in that regard. Wonder if they're gonna tweak the film as was done for Sonic, or try to brute force their way at the box office in hopes that fans of the musical won't care? ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Lachdanan wrote:

I found this lately:

You know thats actually the funniest thing in this matter for me. In Star Wars they forced all this progressive stuff in an unnatural way into the throats of the viewers by messing around with the lore and characters, nobody liked it, while in the lion king they would get all that for free and have a lot space in adapting the lore to it because the original lion king was so uncertain about so many things.

Hyenas are a matriachal society and their females have literally dicks. They are also stronger and more aggressive than male hyenas. So if Disney would have focussed more on the hyenas, empower them and making them turning to the good side at the end or excusing them for falling for Scars scheme and destroying prideland or whatever, they could have secretly promoted feminism, queers or whatever without anyone complaining about it.

Not to mention the fact that spotted hyenas are one of the most disliked animal species on this planet throughout human history in arts for absolutely no reason. So that was another chance for Disney to show how virtuous their company is by siding up with a missunderstood and denounced species or at least or at least give them a chance to explain or excuse their behaviour. But they doing it again, hyenas are an evil species for them, once they are gone everything is fine again etc.

Also I dont give a shit about those "modern values" I just want to see good movies thats all. But from the lense of "promoting those values without twisting the plot and characters" Disney had the easiest chance ever to do it in the lion king 2019 remake. But yea they prefer to bash the hyenas again, lets remember that for the 1994 movie they even got sued by hyena researchers for their bullshit depiction of those cuddly animals.

Disney is so fucking stupid I really cant believe it the more I think about it.

@CATS:

Jesus Christ this is the cringiest shit I have seen for a while.

Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Jul 24, 2019, 5:40:56 PM
Of all those Action movies it is indeed the worst.

https://youtu.be/8frL0jN5Jko?t=70

This dude explains it pretty good in the video. While other live action movies like the jungle book had some twists and their villains better explained or even made more sympathetic, in the new lion king movie, they got even less time and explaination and personality than before.

The movie is even 10 minutes longer than the original but its really hard to tell how that is possible because there are less things happening. Longer credit screens maybe?

Edit:

Not to mention that so many songs and interesting scenes of the 1994 original were also deleted eventhough they had already been sketched in picture and voice.

https://youtu.be/zl8gDjaHWWA?t=230

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=a7f1Io65vvU

This is so much more credible, explaining and natural than the be prepared song of the 1994 version and doesnt make use of super cheap shit like "stupid hyena goose stepping nazis in green hellfire". When I saw Zazu messing with Scar in the 2019 movies I really hoped to see this but Scar actually sang the "be prepared" song before already so there was no chance for this.

It looks like they took out a lot of good scenes of the 1994 movie already which explains why its sometimes so incoherent and now in the 2019 version they do the same again with the 1994 version. Sigh I can hardly get over this shit. What a fucking disappointment. Now I know how the star wars fans feel.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Jul 25, 2019, 1:47:43 PM
Disney cannot deal with something as big as star wars nowadays so it is not surprising they would miss the new lion king.
Forum pvp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info