GGG - Stop develop new content!

This is quite a simple thread.

Stop making new content for Path of Exile, and start focusing on the things that matters - stability!

Rubberbanding and memoryleaks which reak havoc on consoles, are not something any player should be put up with, just to see additional content (and this retarded focus on MTX).

Just, stop!

Focus!

What's the point with adding content to a game on a platform which has close to no playerbase?

I'd love to see your glorified charts on the playerbase for consoles...
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2019, 10:54:58 AM
Desync should definitely get worked on, there is no memory leak, you're playing on basically a 50$ PC, just with a dedicated game OS so there's less clutter, and not making new content is a surefire way for them to not be able to improve anything.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
Desync should definitely get worked on, there is no memory leak, you're playing on basically a 50$ PC, just with a dedicated game OS so there's less clutter, and not making new content is a surefire way for them to not be able to improve anything.

^^ LOL!!
If you listen to the GDC talk that Chris gave https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM_5S55jUzk
It is pretty clear that regular 3 monthly content drops is the bread and butter of their business model, with significant revenue spikes at the start of each league. I therefore don't think there is any chance of a change to the 3 monthly cycle of content drops, even though I strongly question whether it is sustainable, especially if they want to improve quality at the same time.

I would like to know what % of that revenue is from brand new players to the franchise versus returning players who continue to invest in supporter packs. It may be different on console, but I have held back the amount of I have spent because of the massive amount of bugs and performance issues on the PS4. My rationale is that I don't particularly want to reward GGG for a business model that is based on quantity over quality, but in reality the numbers don't lie.

The current system works for them, and while the player base (as a whole) continues to support regular content updates over better quality control this is what we have got. So we either accept it or we go play something else.

For myself, this season I'm playing very low key on Standard League, and what keeps me sticking around is (a) my previous time investment into the game, eg I have a level 99 char I want to get to 100 purely for my own personal achievement and (b) a lack of competition. There is simply no other game that offers the depth or breadth that PoE does in the aRPG genre. I don't believe this will always be the case, and I think the acid test for GGG will come when they get a genuine competitor. Chris speaks of 4.0 as their answer to the next wave of aRPG games and I hope he is right, but if it is, some fundamental things will need to change from their current offering if players like me are going to stick around -first and foremost is a much better performing and bug free game.

Considering the new gen of consoles are not too far away, it is entirely possible performance will become far less of an issue, but I'm not so sure about the constant crashes and bugs, as I think that is a systemic issue with their business model. For what it is worth, as a Kiwi, I very much want GGG to succeed but I think they need to vastly improve their commitment to quality in order to ensure that at some point, another game does not come along and steal a very large portion of their player base.
Im certainly not against this notion OP!
"

You should have a medal, for probably the worst statement of the year. Where did you pull that crap from?

It takes simple common sense to understand the problem; consoles (both xbox and ps4) can run games alot more demanding than this poorly engine which GGG is using.

Stop trolling, I'm sure you're proud of your PC, but what I fail to understand is what your poisonous words are doing on the console sub-forum... ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info