Hideout Decorating Improvements

I've been trying to decorate my hideout somewhat properly lately, and I've noted a few things that I think need to be added in order to make it viable to actually decorate on console.

1. The first thing is that there's no categories. It makes it very tedious when having to search for items, especially ones that are used frequently but are all the way down near the bottom of the list (i.e. "Vaal" items). Having categories like we have for MTX cosmetics now would make this much nicer.

2. We need a way to "mirror" items like PC has. PC can use the 'F' key to flip items so they're a mirrored version of the original, which enables better building diversity.

3. Speaking of building diversity, I'm not sure if this can be changed or not but it is quite irritating that some items collide and some items do not. Many items can not pass through certain items, for example a "Labyrinth Lever" can only phase in to a "Primeval Table" so far before the game doesn't allow you to press it forward anymore, yet on the flip side if you place the Labyrinth Lever down first, then try to cover it with the Primeval Table, you can easily do so. This problem is even more apparent with the likes of things like carpet. You can't reasonably place carpet underneath some objects even though you can place those objects on the top of carpet. My suggestion for this is either make it so that every object can "phase", or possibly even an option/toggle to be able to make options phaseable/non-phaseable.

4. Save states for hideouts could be very good, being able to "save" a hideout temporarily before doing major changes, and if you don't like the changes you've made you can simply reset to your save state. This one isn't as major of a suggestion but it would still be nice.

5. Being able to use a last used decoration. For example, my last used item was "Vaal Furniture". I want to use this again, so instead of having to go back in to the inventory list of all of my hideout decorations, I can instead press a keybind that will then pop up another Vaal Furniture (provided I have one available to use). This will help a lot when decorating as it can be tedious having to reuse the same item over and over and over again.

6. Being able to rotate items by 90° right angles (or another denomination). It's hard on console to get it quite right but when you need an item to be exactly 180° or even 90°/270° rotated from it's original position, a lot of the time it can end up very slightly wonky. This is a minor nuisance but I think having these extended options will help with decorating.

7. Being able to share hideouts on consol on PC with console because of certain limitations (Although I will admit I do remember reading that it wasn't quite possible to share hideouts. I don't remember what that was, only that it was a good one.) If there was a way we could somehow be able to share hideouts eventually down the road, I would be very grateful.

Any and all feedback to this post would be appreciated, I know it's not top priority compared to some other things in this forum, but still.
Last bumped on Jul 3, 2019, 2:11:36 PM
Yes make decorations hollow while in decoration mode, amd gief repeat button.
Me want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info