One problem fixed, two to go :)

Good evemeowning :)

I'd like to start off by thanking you (the devs) for what appears to be a working fix so far with the X/A button binds and interactions. I've not had any errant fireballs go off during the rapid fire looting I partake in during the monolith events (I chose fireball because it has zero lead time and a rapid animation cycle, thus lending itself to testing against this issue rather readily). It will take a little while to build up the confidence I had prior to 3.7.1 and 3.7.2 with regard to that, but since it does appear to work normally now, I should come over fairly soonish.

There is another issue I'd like to discuss though, and that's the ability queue itself. I know you implemented it so that we could chain abilities together without having to have precise timing on every button press. In that respect, it does work as advertised. But for high IAS builds it's still causing issues. During the many Legion encounters I've opened up, I've run into situations where I'm firing off extra shots even after I've broken free every mob in the direction I'm facing, which wastes valuable time. I know it will get worse as I get better gear once I return to leveling up (I'm in farm mode for specific divination cards prior to diving into maps), and the more IAS I get, the more errant/repeat shots I fire off.

In the heat of combat, maintaining exacting button presses is next to impossible. The ability queue works well for slower builds where you can cancel out of an attack (sometimes). However, it doesn't work well or at all in fact for faster builds. It has the opposite effect that you intend in that it takes control away from the player more often than not.

The queue system would benefit players properly if we could decide whether or not to use it, i.e. turn it on or off. We don't necessarily need to configure it like one would do with World of Warcraft's ability queue system, just have the ability to decide for ourselves which way is better for us on an individual basis.

So I'm here again asking for the ability to turn this feature off if we desire. I had good control of my character in Synthesis, but have lost a fair bit of that in Legion due to excess firing of abilities when I don't need or want that to happen.

Lastly, I would like to use the Neversink filters, but am still unable to do so due to how they decrease text size and change item text rectangle background opacity, making them unreadable outside of the solid backgrounds like those used for currencies. It would be nice to be able to set the NS filters to not use opacity in the same manner that the Default filters don't use opacity. This would at least make them readable. It would also be helpful to be able to disable text resizing as well. Not everyone has 20/20 (or 20/10 with how small that text can get!) vision.

You may have noticed that I approach things from an accessibility standpoint. One tends to do that when they're half blind, half deaf, and have a nice gnarly deformed arm. Accessibility matters. A lot. More accessibility means more players able to enjoy the game. And enjoying the game is really all I'm after. It's got a lot to offer (far more than Diablo 3 does, that's for sure). It just needs some additions to allow players like myself to make the most of it.

I'd love to graduate to the NS filters, but can't yet. You could change that. Hopefully you will. :)
Last bumped on Jul 2, 2019, 11:12:42 PM
"
But for high IAS builds it's still causing issues. During the many Legion encounters I've opened up, I've run into situations where I'm firing off extra shots even after I've broken free every mob in the direction I'm facing, which wastes valuable time.
This is a known bug and we have a fix for it coming hopefully in the next patch (not in today's patch).
"
Alexander_GGG wrote:
"
But for high IAS builds it's still causing issues. During the many Legion encounters I've opened up, I've run into situations where I'm firing off extra shots even after I've broken free every mob in the direction I'm facing, which wastes valuable time.
This is a known bug and we have a fix for it coming hopefully in the next patch (not in today's patch).

How are you guys handling reports of low performance?

And how can we better give you the required information to help demonstrate low performance with skills?

I am using toxic rain with mirage archer and totems with extra totem support skills and the frames per second at 720p on the Pro is in the 10FPS range in larger crowded battles.

Is this type of setup something you guys are going to considering improving the cost of?
Last edited by garthginger on Jul 2, 2019, 7:06:26 PM
"
Alexander_GGG wrote:
"

I appreciate you getting back to me on that. I'd still prefer a way to turn off the queue because with the rapid presses we do during the Legion events to break the mobs free so we can fight them when the timer is done, we fire off extra abilities when we really wanted to turn around and aim/move toward another group of mobs. I average about five to six extra shots depending on how often I have to change directions during one of these events and that adds up. The queue system is doing what it's supposed to do, but again, for high IAS builds, those rapid button presses and the much shorter window for not triggering the abilities again equate to frustration.

Please seriously consider letting us decide whether we want to use the queue system or not. On a personal note, the spasms I randomly get with my deformed right arm (which presses the buttons for attacking) also factor into this. Having more control makes combat a lot more fluid for me vs. frustrating like it can be currently. I know a relatively small percentage of players have issues like that, but the added choices I outlined in my post really do add up to much better accessibility and enjoyment for us.

For now, thank you again for fixing the X button on the PS4 (A is still listed as borked on XB1 in the sticky - is that the case?). I've decided that for now, at least while I'm in farm mode building up resources for pushing down the road, to keep X unbound as trying to loot expends my Vaal skill uses if I misread monster position and don't adjust accordingly (i.e. it isn't on you, it's just that I rapid fire loot and any ability on X gets fired off and I'm out of slots otherwise to add abilities, so unbound it is).

Getting some control over the visual aspect of those Neversink filters though would really help. I'm not kidding about them being unreadable for those with visual impairments. I can't realistically play the game with my nose up against the screen unless I want my bad back to get markedly worse. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info